What's new

Received Nambawan today with coconut cups & t-shirt

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Hello! I'm wearing the soft and stylish shirt now. It's great. The coconut cups are too! I have a question for @Bula Kava House about 1/2lb Nambawan ground Kava root powder. It smells great. Flavor is identifiable as Vanatu Kava, high quality strain. Thank you very much for ensuring this tea is safe for me to consume. I squeezed and strained for 15 minutes, would I have been able to do this if I received Micronized? I think I received a medium-fine grind but I'm asking for further clarification, I've never seen a micronized & Nambawan is always surprisingly fine.

Taste is supreme, I've had 2 authentic shells from the coconut cups so far. Thanks again, back to my roots.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I remember fondly my first shell of Nambawan. I never knew till then that kava could be yummy. There’s a trick to it, and it’s a brilliant and wonderful trick. Sheer genius. Still my favorite kava of all.

BGLV1981

Still waiting to see if mine ever got reshipped. I sent the traditional back but have not received email if micro I actually ordered is in mail. Hope gets resolved soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hello! I'm wearing the soft and stylish shirt now. It's great. The coconut cups are too! I have a question for @Bula Kava House about 1/2lb Nambawan ground Kava root powder. It smells great. Flavor is identifiable as Vanatu Kava, high quality strain. Thank you very much for ensuring this tea is safe for me to consume. I squeezed and strained for 15 minutes, would I have been able to do this if I received Micronized? I think I received a medium-fine grind but I'm asking for further clarification, I've never seen a micronized & Nambawan is always surprisingly fine.

Taste is supreme, I've had 2 authentic shells from the coconut cups so far. Thanks again, back to my roots.
BKH's kavas medium grinds are some of the finest medium grinds around. I remember the first time I got it years ago - I thought for sure I got micro until I put it in a strainer. Nambawan is awesome and one of the few kavas I can drink strong and heavy for multiple weeks straight with no sign of pesky dermo showing up. To the point where I am convinced dermo is not cause by any of the major KLs...

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Nambawan holds the title of "most like fresh kava" in the arena of taste for me. If you make it at like a 1:20 ratio it mirrors fresh pretty accurately.

BGLV1981

Nambawan is one of the rare kavas where some people drink as if it were micro, just stirring a spoon or two in a glass of water.
I noticed this as well and it was fine for a medium grind. Looked great just get bad dermo and GI issues if I ever try just to stir and chug any medium grind.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I noticed this as well and it was fine for a medium grind. Looked great just get bad dermo and GI issues if I ever try just to stir and chug any medium grind.

Oh yes, I don’t recommend that. But if there were just one grind I would ever just stir into a glass of water and chug, it would be nambawan.

BGLV1981

was it still sealed? I assume they wouldn't ask you to return an opened bag..
Sorry for late reply. The answer to this question is yes it was opened. I returned the medium grind that I opened so I could get the micro I paid for.