What's new

Dermopathy in mouth?

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
I think I may have come down with dermopathy for the first time, however... inside my mouth. I think it’s because of my usage of extracts, specifically, pasted, and typically how I use them. I like to let it sit in my cheeks for probably a bit too long to absorb that way, I never let it sit there too long, but definitely for a few minutes before I swallow with water. For a while I was wondering what was causing the weird, rough, scaly kind of feeling in my cheeks before I realized it was most likely the Kava causing it.
Sometimes during eating it tends to swell up a bit and cause discomfort, I’ve had it for about 2 weeks now. It’s on both sides, and my lower cheeks, exactly where the Kava sits when I use extracts.
Has anyone else ever had this happen? Any tips for healing it up/recovering? As of now it seems that it hasn’t changed much. I’ve held off on Kava usage.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I think I may have come down with dermopathy for the first time, however... inside my mouth. I think it’s because of my usage of extracts, specifically, pasted, and typically how I use them. I like to let it sit in my cheeks for probably a bit too long to absorb that way, I never let it sit there too long, but definitely for a few minutes before I swallow with water. For a while I was wondering what was causing the weird, rough, scaly kind of feeling in my cheeks before I realized it was most likely the Kava causing it.
Sometimes during eating it tends to swell up a bit and cause discomfort, I’ve had it for about 2 weeks now. It’s on both sides, and my lower cheeks, exactly where the Kava sits when I use extracts.
Has anyone else ever had this happen? Any tips for healing it up/recovering? As of now it seems that it hasn’t changed much. I’ve held off on Kava usage.
Interesting. I don't think I have heard of this happening before. Do you do this routine daily? I wouldn't rule out the paste or extract having something else in it that is aggravating your condition. Other foods can have a tendency to reek havoc inside your mouth as well - for example when I eat a lot of apples I tend to get canker sores.