What's new

Listing of product kavalactones ?

schatz

itchin for kava
Hello, I just have a question. Does anybody remember how to access this or is ti here any more, I cannot seem to find it, I think it was listed 0n the kava marketplace page and it isn't their anymore. Thank you. I am trying to avoid kavas with # 3 Yangonin, they seem to be dopamine antagonists and am trying to keep those as low as possible.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
The problem with databasing product chemotypes is that they aren't going to be accurate over time. Most products sold in the US market are blends of different cultivars which will change often over time. Stump to root ratio changes may also affect it. The best thing to do if you feel you have a sensitivity or would benefit from specific profiles would be to contact the vendor and ask for current batch lab results. We had a lot of vendors posting lab results last year but that trend seems to have stopped. Most lab results on vendors websites who are still posting them are 1 year+ old.

schatz

itchin for kava
Thanks, good to know. As I am trying to boost dopamine, and it seems that I should use strains that #1 is high and #3 should be as low as possible correct ?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
The problem with databasing product chemotypes is that they aren't going to be accurate over time. Most products sold in the US market are blends of different cultivars which will change often over time. Stump to root ratio changes may also affect it. The best thing to do if you feel you have a sensitivity or would benefit from specific profiles would be to contact the vendor and ask for current batch lab results. We had a lot of vendors posting lab results last year but that trend seems to have stopped. Most lab results on vendors websites who are still posting them are 1 year+ old.
upload_2019-10-17_12-41-55.png

This. 100%.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
As said above, Kava is typically sold by its source rather than by variety. This is why a lot of vendors sell Kava with names like “Nangol Noble,” “Pentecost Pride,” “Eau,” or “Taveuni’s.”

verticity

I'm interested in things
Avoiding high yangonin kavas will be difficult for the reasons people have mentioned (intermittent testing, variable composition of products), but in addition, even if there are test result for a specific batch, Lebot's most recent paper on chemotypes suggests that the commonly used HPLC methods could be systematically underestimating yangonin and DMY levels. Ref: https://www.mdpi.com/2306-5710/5/2/34

If you want to find kavas that are the most "pro-dopamine" your best bet might be to just look for ones with subjective reports and reviews describing them as both potent and "heady".