What's new

Kaviar Instant Kava VS 84% Paste?

ryohazuki

So I recently bought 5 grams of the 84% Kava paste from bouncing bear botanicals and I was quite impressed, until I recently found that out that I ripped myself off and that z eclectic sells the same shit for like 5x cheaper.

Also on the site is the prestigious Kaviar Instant Kava. I was wondering what would be the most potent per $?

Pricing is as such: 1 gram of 84% paste = $1
Kaviar Instant Kava: 1 gram = 0.35 cents

Any ideas?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Honestly this is the first I've heard of these two vendors, so I believe it may be one of those trial and error kind of deals. I really really like the price of their extract capsules @ z eclectic. It would be perfect for the person that can't take the taste of kava, and compared to the price of gaia herbs it's a win/win. However the only option to pay is COD, cashier's check, and money order, so I wont be ordering there.

infraredz

BULA!
So I recently bought 5 grams of the 84% Kava paste from bouncing bear botanicals and I was quite impressed, until I recently found that out that I ripped myself off and that z eclectic sells the same shit for like 5x cheaper.

Also on the site is the prestigious Kaviar Instant Kava. I was wondering what would be the most potent per $?

Any ideas?
The best potency will obviously be the some sort of extract and the best potency per $ would be good quality root. If you're looking for instant kava, I would recommend Bula Kava House's instant green instead. 100g for 38 makes 1g $0.38 and that is IMO, the best instant kava I've had. If you're looking for an extract, I'd recommend Paradise Kava's CO2 extract. I tried that 84% paste early on and was very disappointed (it all comes from the same place).

I'm wary of any website that sells kava as "kava-kava" and doesn't state the cultivar used.

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
I bought kava from z-eclectic years ago. Their regular kava was decent. The kaviar is a good instant product. I tried to order more of it, a while ago but they no longer ship to Canada. Its worth checking out for sure.

Ive never had any luck with the those kavalactome pastes, or extracts in general really. But anyway, I'll vouch for z-eclectic being a decent vendor.

ryohazuki

... I'd recommend Paradise Kava's CO2 extract. I tried that 84% paste early on and was very disappointed (it all comes from the same place).

I'm wary of any website that sells kava as "kava-kava" and doesn't state the cultivar used.
So I tried the Kava Extract (2013) from Paradise Kava. This shit sucks... totally weak in potency compared to the 84% paste.

ryohazuki

Per gram yeah. If that 84% paste is truly 84% kavalactones, then I'd say this is maybe 20%. And I'm being pretty generous.

Last edited:

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
Paradise has the honey lemon 150gm jars on buy one get one for $199. So $0.67 per gram

and that stuff is mighty fine.

I've two jars coming from hawaii right now

Z

zanedrake

Any ideas?
Hey ryohazuki, ThanX for the Z-Eclectic LLC plug ;)

My name is Dwayne and I'm the owner of Z-Eclectic. I just joined here today. This probably isn't the right place to say "Hi!" or introduce myself. I actually landed here by accident and decided to stick around and check it out, so I'll take some time to poke around a bit, maybe peep the rulez before I post to much.

EnJoY...Z :)

edit: this is a fairly new thread. I think that is promising :)

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
Hey ryohazuki, ThanX for the Z-Eclectic LLC plug ;)

My name is Dwayne and I'm the owner of Z-Eclectic. I just joined here today. This probably isn't the right place to say "Hi!" or introduce myself. I actually landed here by accident and decided to stick around and check it out, so I'll take some time to poke around a bit, maybe peep the rulez before I post to much.

EnJoY...Z :)

edit: this is a fairly new thread. I think that is promising :)
No shipping to Canada?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
My name is Dwayne and I'm the owner of Z-Eclectic. I just joined here today. This probably isn't the right place to say "Hi!" or introduce myself.
Welcome Dwayne!!!
You should get @Kapmcrunk (our fearless moderator) to set you up as a vendor here. It will give you a platform to promote your wares and a way for us to ask you questions and have discussions about them.

Best Regards

ryohazuki

Paradise has the honey lemon 150gm jars on buy one get one for $199. So $0.67 per gram

and that stuff is mighty fine.

I've two jars coming from hawaii right now
If the potency percentages are correct:
That means you're paying $4.67 per 1000mg of Kavalactones, and that's only because you got BULK.
Z-Eclectic's 1000mg of Kavalactones cost $1.20, and that's for its SMALLEST purchase. If you bought his $200 deal, you'd be paying $1.05 per 1000mg of Kavalactones. I think the winner here is clear. Do you feel ripped off yet? :p

Dwayne, the payment methods on your site I think put off a lot of customers (including me). Could you maybe start accepting bitcoin or paypal even?
Also Dwayne, now that I have your attention, maybe you can help answer my thread for me :)
The KAVIAR™ Instant Kava Powder that sells on your website, do you know if that is the 30% Kavalactone extract?

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

The best potency will obviously be the some sort of extract and the best potency per $ would be good quality root. If you're looking for instant kava, I would recommend Bula Kava House's instant green instead. 100g for 38 makes 1g $0.38 and that is IMO, the best instant kava I've had. If you're looking for an extract, I'd recommend Paradise Kava's CO2 extract. I tried that 84% paste early on and was very disappointed (it all comes from the same place).

I haven't tried the BKH instant yet but I had the GHK instant Mo'i in my Kava Kocktail yesterday and it is a very high Kavain Kava. Perfect for a daytimer like myself. The results reminded me of Solomons (which I still have in the fridge). But that was 2 Tablespoons of instant and it hit me pretty hard. I think the prices for the GHK vs BHK are about the same. It would be nice to compare the effects of all the different instants. Violet and I did the math and 2.2 + tabs of instant ended up costing me around 7.33 and this is a reasonable price for a weekend treat.

Last edited by a moderator: