What's new

New Member: Hello.

Danny V

Hey everyone, I'm Daniel living in NC. I've tried Kava before, but never got that into it. Partly because I was scared off by the liver problem warnings that seem to be mostly BS, and partly because I like to drink beer. And partly because it's stupid expensive at the closest Kava bar in my area and everything else is just gelcaps or tinctures.
Recently, I made a serious commitment to quit drinking alcohol, and I've found Kava a useful tool. I take Kudzu twice a day and Milk Thistle in the afternoon, and then drink Kava and non-alcoholic beer. I used to drink beer every single day, and it got to the point that I needed to head to the store every day and get at least a six pack just to feel normal. Substituting Kava has been great for me and really helped my cravings. It feels even better than alcohol in some ways, and I don't feel a desire for alcohol when I drink Kava. Music sounds good, almost as good as on cannabis, and I don't get angry like I did on alcohol. I will say, though, I've been listening to mostly chill music since starting Kava. I'm not sure how Slayer would sound.
I ordered some micronized Tonga Pouni Ono and some Loa Waka ground root from Kalm with Kava and got it today. Much cheaper than the local place that charges 10 bucks for a 1 tsp micronized serving at the bar and 30 for 6 tsp to go. I'm already halfway through the 2 oz jar of micronized, though, and I don't think I'm "krunk" yet. Even so, I'm really liking this herb, especially compared to other things I've tried. That herb which shall not be named never made me feel that great, and I got really irritable when I came down. THC tended to make me paranoid and it's not legal here anyway. Psychedelics are just too much of a journey and can't be used daily. More like annually. CBD is nice, but over-hyped in my opinion.
I'm hoping can find a cheaper way to get my Kava, since it does end up being a bit expensive, though I've spent a lot of money on booze, too. Only other problem is that energetic children tend to be a bit of a buzz-kill, and I've got a few of them running around.
I also hope to get more involved in Kava culture. It seems like the culture is almost as important as the substance itself. There's drinking culture everywhere, but Kava culture seems to be a bit more obscure in this part of the world. I've been lurking on this site for a few days, and I've seen a lot of positivity. Hope I can be part of that.

Thanks for reading.

Daniel

Nickavalas Turtle

Kava Curious
Hey everyone, I'm Daniel living in NC. I've tried Kava before, but never got that into it. Partly because I was scared off by the liver problem warnings that seem to be mostly BS, and partly because I like to drink beer. And partly because it's stupid expensive at the closest Kava bar in my area and everything else is just gelcaps or tinctures.
Recently, I made a serious commitment to quit drinking alcohol, and I've found Kava a useful tool. I take Kudzu twice a day and Milk Thistle in the afternoon, and then drink Kava and non-alcoholic beer. I used to drink beer every single day, and it got to the point that I needed to head to the store every day and get at least a six pack just to feel normal. Substituting Kava has been great for me and really helped my cravings. It feels even better than alcohol in some ways, and I don't feel a desire for alcohol when I drink Kava. Music sounds good, almost as good as on cannabis, and I don't get angry like I did on alcohol. I will say, though, I've been listening to mostly chill music since starting Kava. I'm not sure how Slayer would sound.
I ordered some micronized Tonga Pouni Ono and some Loa Waka ground root from Kalm with Kava and got it today. Much cheaper than the local place that charges 10 bucks for a 1 tsp micronized serving at the bar and 30 for 6 tsp to go. I'm already halfway through the 2 oz jar of micronized, though, and I don't think I'm "krunk" yet. Even so, I'm really liking this herb, especially compared to other things I've tried. That herb which shall not be named never made me feel that great, and I got really irritable when I came down. THC tended to make me paranoid and it's not legal here anyway. Psychedelics are just too much of a journey and can't be used daily. More like annually. CBD is nice, but over-hyped in my opinion.
I'm hoping can find a cheaper way to get my Kava, since it does end up being a bit expensive, though I've spent a lot of money on booze, too. Only other problem is that energetic children tend to be a bit of a buzz-kill, and I've got a few of them running around.
I also hope to get more involved in Kava culture. It seems like the culture is almost as important as the substance itself. There's drinking culture everywhere, but Kava culture seems to be a bit more obscure in this part of the world. I've been lurking on this site for a few days, and I've seen a lot of positivity. Hope I can be part of that.

Thanks for reading.

Daniel
Welcome.

I’m a newbie here but I can say without a doubt that Kava has helped save my marriage, my relationship with my 2 young ones and my job. I was self destructing. My next step was inevitably to release the monster that I have spent 12 years contained.

You are in the right place and you will see how much better things are going to get. This community has been very welcoming to me and I cannot thank everyone enough.

Have a great day and try to give yourself a break. Life is not easy but it’s beautiful. Enjoy