What's new

Vendor News Exciting Announcement! - Bottled Fresh Green Kava

scaryjarri

Kava Curious
I missed this until today so I went over and ordered 4 bottles immediately. Initial excitement.
however, I did wake to the first kava fart I ever had and my first kava hangover, not a bad one, just something I never felt with kava. I bought ten bottles and will probably ration for special occasions. No idea how newbies would respond.

i’ll still Be buying RoH frozen. Both excellent but very different.
Whats a kava fart? I would guess it smelled like the kava you just drank?

scaryjarri

Kava Curious
Kalm with Kava and The Kava Society of New Zealand have partnered to develop a revolutionary new kava product. We'd like to introduce Pacific Roots Kava - the world’s first and only shelf stable Fresh Green Kava Drink made from nothing but cold-pressed juice made from fresh, Green Noble Kava Roots and water. We use no additives, preservatives or chemicals, just pure green kava and fresh water. Known throughout the Pacific as “Green Kava” this form of Kava is famous for it’s unique fresh taste and potency. It is nearly indistinguishable from fresh kava served in Nakamals around Vanuatu and packs a punch - it contains the equivalent of over 1/3 lb of green kava per bottle. Our state of the art production facility meets the highest standards of Safety and Quality including HACCP and cGMP certification producing a beverage with no need for refrigeration and ready to drink. It took us almost 2 years to develop this and we're finally able to happily announce it's launch. This is literally the closest you can get to drinking nakamal-style green kava outside of Vanuatu. Our new website PacificRootsKava.com will allow you to choose which location best fits your shipping needs: Kalm with Kava will be the distributor for the US while The Kava Society is the distributor for New Zealand. We're excited for you to try our new product!​

View attachment 10139
I enjoyed the kava but why the double priced shipping? Its pretty pricey stuff and priority mail flat rate shipping for 4 bottles in a little over $7 and I was charged $14.50 for a flat rate envelope.I had no idea how it would be packed or shipped but its pricey as is let alone twice the shipping which adds $3.50 per bottle. Was this intentional or a mistake?

The taste wasnt bad and it was almost instant feeling but didnt last very long and wasnt super strong for either of us. I was hitting medium grind (aluball) pretty soon after.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
I enjoyed the kava but why the double priced shipping? Its pretty pricey stuff and priority mail flat rate shipping for 4 bottles in a little over $7 and I was charged $14.50 for a flat rate envelope.I had no idea how it would be packed or shipped but its pricey as is let alone twice the shipping which adds $3.50 per bottle. Was this intentional or a mistake?

The taste wasnt bad and it was almost instant feeling but didnt last very long and wasnt super strong for either of us. I was hitting medium grind (aluball) pretty soon after.
Hey Scaryjarri,
That was definitely a mistake we have it set @ $8 for padded flats (the extra $.50 is for padding and tape supplies) something must have calculated wrong. Just shoot us an email with your order # and we'll get it fixed for you!

Yes, the effect is actually what is really desirable in Vanuatu and why we use these specific cultivars. It has an initial strong effect but when you drink 1 bottle, it won't be overwhelming and won't cause lingering into the next day. I'm sure you experienced it as I did - if the effects dont last quite as long as you want, if you follow up with some medium grind, the effects of that subsequent kava is much stronger.

scaryjarri

Kava Curious
Hey Scaryjarri,
That was definitely a mistake we have it set @ $8 for padded flats (the extra $.50 is for padding and tape supplies) something must have calculated wrong. Just shoot us an email with your order # and we'll get it fixed for you!

Yes, the effect is actually what is really desirable in Vanuatu and why we use these specific cultivars. It has an initial strong effect but when you drink 1 bottle, it won't be overwhelming and won't cause lingering into the next day. I'm sure you experienced it as I did - if the effects dont last quite as long as you want, if you follow up with some medium grind, the effects of that subsequent kava is much stronger.
Thank you I will do that and its much appreciated.

scaryjarri

Kava Curious
Got mine on the way, I'm super excited for kava farts
I still dont know what a kava fart is. I must do it all of the time.

When I was young like 20 years ago, I used to drink the beer and was into the hops and once drank a brooklyn beer called #1 in its early days and farted fresh floral smelling hops all the next day. I still think about that almost 20 years later, so Im assuming its a kava smelling fart which is a rooty dirt fart I guess.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
It's just part of the stomach irritating effects that can come with kava drinking. Many people experience excessive bloating and gas the night and morning after drinking. It's more likely to happen with dry powder blends containing lots of unpeeled lateral roots in my experience.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
It's just part of the stomach irritating effects that can come with kava drinking. Many people experience excessive bloating and gas the night and morning after drinking. It's more likely to happen with dry powder blends containing lots of unpeeled lateral roots in my experience.
Smooth sailing for me the next morning. I just turn into a butt rocket approximately 60 seconds after the first shell.

nashfire

Stay Rooted

When I was young like 20 years ago, I used to drink the beer and was into the hops and once drank a brooklyn beer called #1 in its early days and farted fresh floral smelling hops all the next day. I still think about that almost 20 years later, so Im assuming its a kava smelling fart which is a rooty dirt fart I guess.
Dibs on Rooty Dirt Fart as a band name!::urock2::

Hitch

Kava Curious
Hi everyone, I’m new to kava forums and kava and seem to be joining at the right time with this authentic fresh kava being launched! :)

@Kalm with Kava , I’m curious to know how many kavalactones could be in the bottle. I have a science background and am hence interested in the mg of the kavalactones, which seem to be the active ingredient. I’ve seen products ranging from 50mg kavalactones for the Ozia kava candies to 150mg per 16oz for the Kaivai bottled drink to 300mg of kavalactones per 8oz bottle for Stay Cool Kava bottled drink.

Do you know how many kavalactones are in Pacific Roots’ bottle? And what is the standard amount of kavalactones for one “glass” of kava? ~100mg to have a mild effect? Ideally I could drink 2-3 servings with ~100mg of kavalactones per serving?

Thank you for your help — I look forward to trying Pacific Roots soon :)

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi everyone, I’m new to kava forums and kava and seem to be joining at the right time with this authentic fresh kava being launched! :)

@Kalm with Kava , I’m curious to know how many kavalactones could be in the bottle. I have a science background and am hence interested in the mg of the kavalactones, which seem to be the active ingredient. I’ve seen products ranging from 50mg kavalactones for the Ozia kava candies to 150mg per 16oz for the Kaivai bottled drink to 300mg of kavalactones per 8oz bottle for Stay Cool Kava bottled drink.

Do you know how many kavalactones are in Pacific Roots’ bottle? And what is the standard amount of kavalactones for one “glass” of kava? ~100mg to have a mild effect? Ideally I could drink 2-3 servings with ~100mg of kavalactones per serving?

Thank you for your help — I look forward to trying Pacific Roots soon :)
I came up with around 450mg total in the bottle. That's a 15% extraction rate on a 3-5%kl kava source.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
IIRC it is closer to 1000. One recent test indicated 0.5% total kl in a bottle which would roughly translate to about 1250mg of kavalactone resin per bottle. Generally it is around 0.3-0.4% though. Thats consistent with Lebots remarks that a large shell of Vanuatu kava = 1-1.5g of active resin
Well okay then! That's way more than I anticipated. I'll be wrong like that all day long.

Thank you Henry. Also, man, congratulations on the reception of this product. Absolutely stunning.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
IIRC it is closer to 1000. One recent test indicated 0.5% total kl in a bottle which would roughly translate to about 1250mg of kavalactone resin per bottle. Generally it is around 0.3-0.4% though. Thats consistent with Lebots remarks that a large shell of Vanuatu kava = 1-1.5g of active resin
Again, I’ve never personally had the real thing... but from various mi harem se one bottle is about as strong one strongfella 150 to a middling 200 shell.

I spinnem hed blong yufala olsem se wanfifti.

Hitch

Kava Curious
Thanks for your reply, Henry! Seems like there must have been a lot of fresh kava that went into it if you’re getting 1,000mg of kavalactones per bottle (over 10g of kava assuming a 5-10% kavalactone percentage in the kava, which is the KL% of kava I see these days online).

Do you know why other kava beverage/product companies have only a fraction of the kavalactones in their kava products? Furthermore, studies I’ve seen utilizing kava for relaxation/anti-anxiety purposes seem to give their test subjects 120mg kavalactone dosages, and sometimes twice a day for 240mg of kavalactones daily per person. Perhaps this is the medical dosage for mild anti-anxiety relief and it happens to be ~1/5th of the amount for recreational kava inebriation? I haven’t seen any studies where test subjects were given more than 350mg of kavalactones a day.