What's new

11 year waka bad hangover effect

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
Has anyone had issues with recent batches of 11 year waka? I recently started drinking kava again and bought this and every time I drank it I felt so terrible the next day, dragging my butt all I could do was lie in bed - it almost made me give up Kava but then I ordered from Kalm with Kava and have been drinking it daily along with some from the Kava roots and have had no issues at all thankfully. I also have a bag of Nabawan which I am afraid to try because of the effects of the 11 year. Anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Has anyone had issues with recent batches of 11 year waka? I recently started drinking kava again and bought this and every time I drank it I felt so terrible the next day, dragging my butt all I could do was lie in bed - it almost made me give up Kava but then I ordered from Kalm with Kava and have been drinking it daily along with some from the Kava roots and have had no issues at all thankfully. I also have a bag of Nabawan which I am afraid to try because of the effects of the 11 year. Anyone else experienced this?

You've gotten the strongest kavas from Bula Kava. Many people here swear by those two based on their sheer strength.

The nambawan is strong too. Give it a shot, but go easy on the dosage. It's a very well-rounded kava, just strong.

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
Thanks, I don’t mind strong I just can’t handle the hangover the next day. It was seriously worse than an alcohol hangover and I got into kava to stop drinking alcohol :)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I think that could be as you're new back to it. I've had that sort of effect from a few different kavas in the past but not so much recently. My other though I have had about this is that your body was probably flushing out huge amounts of b vitamins and your body isn't used to being so low on b's. That's definitely going to produce that sort of effect.

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
Maybe that’s it. On another note Kava is amazing at killing the desire to drink booze. I find especially if I drink some in the morning it is guaranteed I will have no desire at all to drink alcohol the rest of the day. Too bad more people struggling with alcohol didn’t know about this.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Maybe that’s it. On another note Kava is amazing at killing the desire to drink booze. I find especially if I drink some in the morning it is guaranteed I will have no desire at all to drink alcohol the rest of the day. Too bad more people struggling with alcohol didn’t know about this.

I find it takes about 3 or 4 weeks for the cravings to completely go away but yes, amazing stuff.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
That 11 year knocked me on my ass in such a way that I sold it on this marketplace a few years back. I am on antidepressants now so the effects of Kava are more mild on me so I don't know if it would be the same if I tried now but I know I was not a fan. Maybe I should try it again lol.

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
That 11 year knocked me on my ass in such a way that I sold it on this marketplace a few years back. I am on antidepressants now so the effects of Kava are more mild on me so I don't know if it would be the same if I tried now but I know I was not a fan. Maybe I should try it again lol.
I just threw out 3/4 of a bag of it which I paid a lot of money for (I’m Canadian). The next day effects were awful, makes me think it’s mixed with Tudei. I have a bag of their Nambawan which thankfully has not affected me like that, I also have pouni Ono from KWK and Tongan family reserve from the Kava roots and have had no issues with those either.