What's new

Hi, New to kava

Justjo

Hi all, I came across kava last week when having a panic attack. I stepped into a pharmacy and saw fijikava for sale. Bought it and had the numbing on tongue and lips. Within 15mins my muscles had relaxed and all the tightness had left my chest and throat, easing my anxiety. What a wonderful surprise!
Then the next night I took it before bed and woah how easily and heavily I fell asleep and how hard I slept that night.
I've been taking it for panic attacks (I don't usually get them that often but have been lately) and they seem to be easing. The last couple of days I have noticed they haven't been easing quite so much so I increased and its still not really doing the trick. I'm sad at this as I thought I had found my "medicine"

Looking around the forums a bit I wonder if I need some assistance in getting a better kava or am I just not doing this thing right?

It says to take 1/2 teaspoon in a glass of water. I've gone up to 1 and a 1/4 teaspoon to try and it's started to make me nausea.

Any ideas?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi all, I came across kava last week when having a panic attack. I stepped into a pharmacy and saw fijikava for sale. Bought it and had the numbing on tongue and lips. Within 15mins my muscles had relaxed and all the tightness had left my chest and throat, easing my anxiety. What a wonderful surprise!
Then the next night I took it before bed and woah how easily and heavily I fell asleep and how hard I slept that night.
I've been taking it for panic attacks (I don't usually get them that often but have been lately) and they seem to be easing. The last couple of days I have noticed they haven't been easing quite so much so I increased and its still not really doing the trick. I'm sad at this as I thought I had found my "medicine"

Looking around the forums a bit I wonder if I need some assistance in getting a better kava or am I just not doing this thing right?

It says to take 1/2 teaspoon in a glass of water. I've gone up to 1 and a 1/4 teaspoon to try and it's started to make me nausea.

Any ideas?
Welcome aboard! So happy to hear you're finding relief in kava. Good news is that you're likely just at the very beginning with kava. There's an entire world of different types and strengths to sample.

What's the type of kava you're consuming there? 1 1/4 teaspoon is quite a small amount. Makes me think it's either micronized or a concentrate.

Justjo

Hi! All I K ow is that it's called fijikava. I think it used to be called something else called Taki Mai. It says on the packet it's noble kava root powder.
It says 1/2 tsp serving contains Piper methysticum root powder (2g) and to take it in 250ml cup of water.

It also says they mill theirs more finely for better yield and consistency. Not sure if any of that info helps at all

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hi! All I K ow is that it's called fijikava. I think it used to be called something else called Taki Mai. It says on the packet it's noble kava root powder.
It says 1/2 tsp serving contains Piper methysticum root powder (2g) and to take it in 250ml cup of water.

It also says they mill theirs more finely for better yield and consistency. Not sure if any of that info helps at all
You don't mention whether the higher dose gives you any better results? Some nausea is usual with kava but it can be eased by ginger or avoided somewhat by spacing doses apart more. Also that does sound like a micronised kava. Definitely try either instant if you would still like to just mix and drink or medium grind if you want the best experience. Look into vendors like Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, Bula Kava House, Kalm with Kava, Root of Happiness, and plenty more listed in the vendor section here. All of them will have a good option for you if you read up on the different types.

Justjo

Hi, thanks for your reply, no the higher dose didn't give me any better results.
I'll look at other vendors, thank you