What's new

Nambawan grind quality?

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
I realize that this question has been asked before, but the bag I got of Nambawan looks incredibly similar to what micronized would be. Has anyone ever used it as such?

edit: Added picture. Could this be micronized? Seems to be completely powder.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I realize that this question has been asked before, but the bag I got of Nambawan looks incredibly similar to what micronized would be. Has anyone ever used it as such?

edit: Added picture. Could this be micronized? Seems to be completely powder.
There was a shipping mix up a few months ago when the micronized first came out - but as far as I know the labels were correct. In other words what was on the label was exactly what was in the bag. Folks just got the wrong order. All that said I have ordered the medium grind Nambawan 2 or 3 times since and it has all been correct. The medium grind Nambawan is very finely ground and it is really dry. I bet if you took a small amount of your bag and got it wet you would see how large the particles really are and how much you would not want to drink once it was fully re-hydrated.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Nambawan is pretty fine, but should have some noticeable slightly larger fibery looking pieces. I can't tell from this photo if yours has them.

There was a label mixup a while ago but we got that figured out. If this bag is new and incorrect, it would be a one-off problem. Look at the back of the bag and let me know what the prep instructions say, as well as the product info above the barcode. If the back label is for micronized, it looks like there was another labeling mixup. If it's the label for medium grind, you should be all good. Feel free to send me some more photos as well and I'll try to figure it out. Send to [email protected]. If you did get the wrong thing, we'll take care of it.

Judd

RevRad

Kava Curious
That looks about what like mine like when I got it a couple years ago. It was very light and fluffy compared to other stuff I had but worked just the same.