What's new

Dermopathy Contest! Who's had the worst?

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
God damn. Ive had it bad on my feet and hands. Probably could have taken some pics. Your arms look horrible :oops:

D

Deleted User01

Kinda makes it hard to pick up chicks at the Kava Bar. Oh wait a minute, they all have that.:D

For those who dare post, please state how frequently you drink Kava, how much, and whether you strain or not. Yepimon, my hands have looked like that before. In the old days when I had to trim the grass with hand held shears. I got giant blisters for 50 cents. Not fun. I have been fortunate so far but I only do Kava 3 days a week max and I'm a liteweight so 8-10 liquid oz. does the trick everytime.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I was drinking 8-12tbs a night, two nights in a row I had 20tbs and that's what did it. I only drink it occasionally now simply because my anxiety is better controlled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I think you win, thats the best (worst) I've ever seen. Heres mine. My hands are in bad shape anyway because I cut them up the other day handling some flaky weight plates. I was drinking about 1/2 cup of kava, strained, daily for a long time before this, I havent had any kava since early this month except for two tins of instant and a big ass batch of boroguru on Christmas Eve.

My hands looked like yours about 2 weeks ago. My elbows were fine though. Weirdly enough, my left hand is basically normal looking at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deactivated Account

I dont drink kava all the time, simply because i would never get anything done apart from lay on the couch & sleep. I buy waka in 1kg lots & hook in when i have it. I drink 1kg in about 4 days so the skin issues just start but do not have time to get going. So for me anyway, its not how much you have as 1kg in 4 days is a lot of kava drinking but more how long you drink it for i.e. a few weeks.

D

Deleted User01

Man, all this dermopathy talk is making me thirsty for a long tall glass of ice cold Kava. But it will have to wait till I make my big batch on Saturday. Wahhhhhhh....:(

FYI. I finished some Boroguru/Koniak yesterday that was almost 4 weeks old. It worked of course and the taste was no worse than usual. I know, that was another thread. I did end up with .25 inch of crud at the bottom of the bottle. Kava Fudge for you guys. I stay away from it because I do not want to start growing scales.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
You win, yepimonfire. Wow. I'm a daily drinker in an extremely dry part of the country but the most I've ever dealt with is a bit of flaky skin on my ankles.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I dont drink kava all the time, simply because i would never get anything done apart from lay on the couch & sleep. I buy waka in 1kg lots & hook in when i have it. I drink 1kg in about 4 days so the skin issues just start but do not have time to get going. So for me anyway, its not how much you have as 1kg in 4 days is a lot of kava drinking but more how long you drink it for i.e. a few weeks.
I dont drink kava all the time either...just at night. Then I don't do anything except lay on the couch and sleep.

violet

Do all things with love
@yepimonfire your arm looks ridiculously painful, man. That's about how bad I got it under my arms.

@Ouroboros I'm glad I knew that my knuckles would already do that long before I discovered kava, otherwise I would have been disturbed :wideyed:. Most people see it as a sign of dehydration, and for clinical testing the skin is pinched between the wrist and knuckles or under the clavicle to check the turgor pressure. This was one of those goofy things we amused ourselves with once long ago in the school cafeteria, and I think most of my friends had "sticky" knuckles too.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It would screw up a good tattoo i suspect ! Actually …what would you have as a kava tat ? Not that i have any however ive a strange fascination for looking at them on other people.

http://www.canstockphoto.com/kava-8467623.html
I can attest to what kava does to a tattoo. Got my goldfish cracker tattoo on my shoulder blade area (yeah great idea for a first tattoo area). The dermapothy has caused my cheddar cracker to look more like Colby-Jack. So in short, tattoos on skin with dermapothy is not such a good idea if you want the colors to stay somewhat true.

D

Deactivated Account

Guys whats the PH of kava ? ..googled it without any success. Apart from skin issues ive noticed i get a sour taste in my mouth for a good 2 days after i stop drinking it. Sour means acid right ?

I am a fortnightly plasma & platlettes donor & dont donate if im drinking kava as in the past, the plasma collecting in the bag beside me is quite cloudy if ive been drinking kava …the nurses often comment on its cloudiness. No kava & its clear.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I can attest to what kava does to a tattoo. Got my goldfish cracker tattoo on my shoulder blade area (yeah great idea for a first tattoo area). The dermapothy has caused my cheddar cracker to look more like Colby-Jack. So in short, tattoos on skin with dermapothy is not such a good idea if you want the colors to stay somewhat true.
You're looking at this the wrong way. It's natural tattoo removal. All you need to do is drink like a metric ton of kava and your tattoos will slowly fade.

violet

Do all things with love
@nemo With the way kava affects the skin on my bare hands I'm more inclined to think it's on the alkaline side, otherwise kava itself must be that much of an irritant irrespective of its pH. That's pretty interesting about the cloudy plasma... I will happily share my kava but once the kavalactones are in my blood I should like to keep them there :p