What's new

Does kava increase metabolism

Michael1011

Kava Curious
I bet this question had never been asked. I NEVER gain weight. And I eat a lot. If I drink kava with food in my stomach regardless if it’s a lot or a little I get rooted pretty easily. Then it feels like I haven’t eaten in hours. It seems to numb full feeling from food.

I go to bed krunk every night but wake up famished. Lately I’ve been getting munchies right in the peak of a krunk which is really weird. I never associated kava with wanting to eat. In my early years of kava drinking I would wake up still kind of mucky and wouldn’t eat. I wasn’t able to drink more then 2 days in a row either.

Maybe trying to break down a lot of root and water is blasting my metabolism? I eat a lot and never gain weight.

Mo'iety

Kava Enthusiast
Kava definitely can be an appetite suppressant which is why some people end up losing some weight when they start a kava habit. I don't know about altering metabolism though.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
In general I would say not really :). With that being said it does numb nerve ending and could dull a hungry guts. Plus the ton of water used does take up space in the gut. As per my wifu (a dietician) being thirsty can result in a hunger response as well as a classical thirst response.