What's new

Ohh man. Need some relief from that kava flava

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
Veterans mix water with their kava. ;)

I used to mix all sorts of stuff, but now I'm just a straight kava drinker. Seems like that's a fairly common story. Over time you probably will come to enjoy it more the old-fashioned way.

I will say that on occasion I'll pour some coconut water in my kava for a treat, and I want to keep hydrated. I find that mellows the taste out quite a bit without masking the taste of the kava. I still want the kava taste, but it definitely evens out the flavor.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey Dreggers, are you sure you wanted to delete your post? It looked quite relevant to the topic. If you want I can resurrect it.

I've always wanted to see if making a kava kolada would be effective enough to make for someone who has an extreme taste aversion to things they don't find pleasant.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
I pinch my nose while I drink it, tilt it back and chug it, flush my mouth out with some water from the sink and then let my nose go. Chilling makes it go down easier, but I'm often too lazy to do it. There is no making it taste good in my experience.
Agreed, including the pinching-of-the-nose.

I tried blending in a sprig of fresh mint for a bit, but I think I was just fooling myself. And I'm guessing most kava vets don't use any admixture with their grog. The trick, as kapmcrunk elaborates, is just learning not to breathe through your nose. I can now get my kava down with a minimum of cringe. It does get easier.