What's new

…and ive arrived

• Thread starter Deactivated Account
  • Start date
D

Deactivated Account

Literally threw my bags in the room & grabbed the first bus going past & headed for my favorite nakamal. Unfortunately as well as being a kava pig…im a food pig & ate like a king on the plane so its taken 8-9 shells to seduce me. Thats a lot of fresh but as you know being full of beef stew is never indictive of a light kava evening. I knew i shouldnt but i can never resist a free feed. I love aeroplane food, a by product of many years in boarding school & a few diff militaries. Ill eat pretty much any food put in front of me.

A full stomach totally ruins good kava.

Usual suspects still sitting in the same spot, fantastic satirical bunch to drink kava with. Aussies/kiwis & dutch. I cannot even start to explain the taste difference but very very sappy, a lot easier to drink also…dont get me wrong its never a 15 year old port but it just seems easier. Anything to get away from that powdered taste.

Pretty wild ride landing & taking off a 737-800 at the 20 min stop over at Santo air port (north island) which is only 6500 feet long & a 737-800 req 6100 to land & 7200 to take off. I swear i was in the space shuttle taking off. God you can tell the pilots are working to stop & then lift it. It was originally built by the US for the war in the pacific & was home to several bomber groups.

Anyway ill put some nakamal photos up tomorrow night.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
How exciting! Man I wish I could be there. You reporting back from Vanuatu is as close as I'll be able to afford to to go for a quite a while.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
ahh...if only we had some kind of GPS location wormhole technology, whereby one could pour fresh kava from vanuatu into it and it would fall into my empty shell here in the states.
...but i suppose at that point, i could simply jump through it and actually be there.

This is what the yearning for vanuatu fresh has done to my thinking. :rolleyes:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
You make me jealous, and I can go out in my back yard and wonder through the 'Awa patches and I can drink fresh root, but Vanuatu, man that is the place where it all started, and I know it is more laid back then here in Hawaii and they have many more varieties than we do in Hawaii and , need I go on? I hope you enjoy yourself, but by the sound of 809 shells, that sounds like enjoyment. :D
Aloha.

Chris

D

Deactivated Account

speaking of food, what's good to eat in Nakamal territory. Wherever you went.

Well considering the amount of kava i drank last night im surprisingly well this morning, a tad sluggish. A good clean kava will always respect you in the morning. As i left the nakamal last night i grabbed a 400vt (600ml) for a take away which is in my room fridge….i'll call it my 11am tonic. They mainly had snacks there like chips (think you call them potato crisps). Lots of lollipops which helps some with in-betweens.

D

Deactivated Account

ahh…if only we had some kind of GPS location wormhole technology, whereby one could pour fresh kava from vanuatu into it and it would fall into my empty shell here in the states.
You didnt see it ? i sent it at 2am…maybe the humidity messed with it. Im going to need scuba gear to walk outside this morning.

D

Deactivated Account

Really trying to pluck up the courage to drink it….im a tad apprehensive after the amount i had last night & its only 4 hours until the early nakamal opens which i have never yet missed when im here. What would Don Juan do ? …theres a moth on the ceiling fan looking at me & i know it is calling me on it.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Really trying to pluck up the courage to drink it….im a tad apprehensive after the amount i had last night & its only 4 hours until the early nakamal opens which i have never yet missed when im here. What would Don Juan do ? …theres a moth on the ceiling fan looking at me & i know it is calling me on it.
hair of the dog that bit you. drink it!

i love your pictures man.

D

Deactivated Account

Thanks so much for your pictures nemo! It's the closest most of us will ever get to experience visiting Vanuatu.
Mate i keep saying it…we are a long time on the wrong side of the grass in my book so get over here. Ill happily turn up again if you blokes visit to show you about. You can sit at a desk for 20 years & 12 months after your aneurism explodes & your nose hits the space bar, no-one will remember your name. I made the decision a few years ago that you drive yourself & its about fun. Ive brought 2 friends here in the past & they are still talking about it, its just so safe & everyone is welcoming.

Hang on….i should be working for Vanuatu Tourism (maybe i can get paid in kava)

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
Wow iam jealous i did recently look up the flights seems there 4500 per person man i need to save oh well Hawaii is closer to austin anyway always love ur input nemo

D

Deactivated Account

Wow iam jealous i did recently look up the flights seems there 4500 per person man i need to save oh well Hawaii is closer to austin anyway always love ur input nemo
Wow thats steep…i had no idea it would be that expensive.

D

Deactivated Account

Same as last time sort of photos….nothing really changes here. I took a few vids but honestly the internet speed is the same as old 56k. Dirty great lump of fungus inside the lens if you notice…few hundred to get it repaired.

I may even get off my arse & go to another tomorrow…kava being what it is, after that 600ml coke zero…i was lucky to even leave my room

Mowai Nakamal (early)

IMG_5010 reduced.jpg

View from Mowai

IMG_5017a reduced.jpg

Still Mowai (its a nice nakamal..sells soft drinks,chips & beer also)

IMG_5018 reduced.jpg

IMG_5015 reduced.jpg

IMG_5013 reduced.jpg

Attachments