What's new

10 hour empty stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
For various reasons I didn't eat for 10 hours before drinking my kava tonight... certainly didn't need much. What's the longest you have gone without eating and then drunk kava? I wouldn't say I have nausea as such just a very mild gippiness that should calm down with one more shell of kava and some water. Going to bed soon anyway, it's 01.15 here.

Noah

Kava Curious
It's always better on an empty stomach. I can set myself up for a session like this is if I eat a ridiculously huge breakfast with bacon/eggs and then a fairly large early lunch. There's lots of studies being done right now on eating meals like this - and consistently giving your digestive system longer periods of time to rest as oppose to just eating breakfast, lunch and dinner ( with most people eating the heaviest/largest meal for dinner right before they idly hit the couch for a few hours and go to bed). Anyways the theory being that freeing up your digestive system for extended periods allows for better extraction when you do eat. Pretty interesting stuff and certainly applicable to a kava session

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
For various reasons I didn't eat for 10 hours before drinking my kava tonight... certainly didn't need much. What's the longest you have gone without eating and then drunk kava? I wouldn't say I have nausea as such just a very mild gippiness that should calm down with one more shell of kava and some water. Going to bed soon anyway, it's 01.15 here.
I did this yesterday but ate small meals throughout the day to maintain myself. In the past I have done several sessions where I went several hours (10+) without eating for the benefit of the root.

Jerome

Kava Lover
It's always better on an empty stomach. I can set myself up for a session like this is if I eat a ridiculously huge breakfast with bacon/eggs and then a fairly large early lunch. There's lots of studies being done right now on eating meals like this - and consistently giving your digestive system longer periods of time to rest as oppose to just eating breakfast, lunch and dinner ( with most people eating the heaviest/largest meal for dinner right before they idly hit the couch for a few hours and go to bed). Anyways the theory being that freeing up your digestive system for extended periods allows for better extraction when you do eat. Pretty interesting stuff and certainly applicable to a kava session
I had read a blogger recently arguing that men are healthier when they eat as few times a day as possible. Like one large meal a day. They stay leaner, have more energy, and retain muscle mass and proper hormone levels.

Strange how I was taught that grazing all day was better .... but I definitely do much better eating two big meals a day.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I had read a blogger recently arguing that men are healthier when they eat as few times a day as possible. Like one large meal a day. They stay leaner, have more energy, and retain muscle mass and proper hormone levels.

Strange how I was taught that grazing all day was better .... but I definitely do much better eating two big meals a day.
I think it depends on the individual's physiology, some people have faster metabolisms than others. Mine is slow, so several (5-6) healthy meals a day, works best.

Jerome

Kava Lover
By the way @Edward , if you continue a low carb high fat diet, you may notice it is easier to go without food for longer periods of time. I used to get bad "hangry" when I didn't eat for more than 3 hours, now I can go all day with no ill effects, no change in mood.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
By the way @Edward , if you continue a low carb high fat diet, you may notice it is easier to go without food for longer periods of time. I used to get bad "hangry" when I didn't eat for more than 3 hours, now I can go all day with no ill effects, no change in mood.
Funny you should say that... I've always been able to not eat for long periods without getting too upset but give me bacon, sausage and egg fried in butter and washed down with full fat greek yogurt and yerba mate and I don't feel hungry for a good 5 or 6 hours at least :)

N

Noname

7-12 hours.. I usually eat a very light breakfast like potato chips and a banana around 930 am and then kava at 3 ish

N

Noname

I think a nice workout plus empty stomach will give you a better krunk cuz your body will be begging for nutrition after a good workout but instead give it kava instead lol

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
Can't say I've gone that long before kava. Usually breakfast 6:30, lunch 11 and at least 5-7 hours before kava. Even non kava days my gap between lunch and dinner is around 8 hours, so I'm pretty used to spaced out meals making kava an easy insertion to my schedule.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
It makes a huge difference. 4 hours isnt enough. I try to go 6 at least but I have to load up on food in the morning. Ive lost a lotta weight and cant starve myself anymore for a good krunk.

N

Noname

I think best thing is eat breakfast then hours later drink kava.. No breakfast and Kava is even better but you risk having a sloppy bloated session so find what works best for you

N

Noname

But make sure you don't eat a fuck load of protein even if you do eat it hours before kava

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
All my sessions are sloppy bloated anymore. But without kava my anxiety gets bad and I basically cant even sleep.

Kaptain Kava

Kava Curious
All my sessions are sloppy bloated anymore. But without kava my anxiety gets bad and I basically cant even sleep.
Same here. I use a variety of other herbs for anxiousness and sleep help. I use a mix of Valerian Root, Hops, Lemon Balm, Passion Flower, and Skullcap. Usually a capsule of ground valerian and hops will help ease my anxiety and promote sleep really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.