What's new

11 year waka

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Please forgive the thread location as it would not let me post in the product review section. Mods feel free to move this thread and grant me access to post in the review section :)
This batch is rather tasty.
The effects however leave something to be desired. I posted my impression of the 11 year from a purchase made around the new year and was amazed that I was verging on krunked after the second tbls. Of this latest batch I did 4 tbls and still did not achieve the same effect that 2 tbls of the prior batches produced. I have apparently been spoiled by the prior potency. Coincidentally this batch was the one available directly after their shutdown/changeover for shipping methods. Just my two cents. I will be mixing my 11 year with some potent traditional kava to boost effects. I imagine that to standardize potency across the board we would have to sacrifice. Meaning we would have more middle of the road kava. I would rather get a weaker batch periodically and have supper potent batches most of the time. Let me know your recent impressions please and thank you.

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Please forgive the thread location as it would not let me post in the product review section. Mods feel free to move this thread and grant me access to post in the review section :)
The effects however leave something to be desired. I posted my impression of the 11 year from a purchase made around the new year and was amazed that I was verging on krunked after the second tbls. Of this latest batch I did 4 tbls and still did not achieve the same effect that 2 tbls of the prior batches produced. I have apparently been spoiled by the prior potency. Coincidentally this batch was the one available directly after their shutdown/changeover for shipping methods. Just my two cents. I will be mixing my 11 year with some potent traditional kava to boost effects. I imagine that to standardize potency across the board we would have to sacrifice. Meaning we would have more middle of the road kava. I would rather get a weaker batch periodically and have supper potent batches most of the time. Let me know your recent impressions please and thank you.
Try this link: http://kavaforums.com/forum/forums/...Parent=93015&TagTitle=11 Year Waka &TagKey=77

The way to submit a review is by going to the "Bula Kava House Product Profiles", selecting the type of kava you're reviewing.

Scroll to the bottom of the first post until you see this:
bottom.png

Click the "Submit review" button on the bottom right, and you should be set :)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
It may not be that much weaker. Sometimes the exact same kava from the exact same batch will affect me drastically differently based on a number of factors.

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Very true. And although kava has a reverse tolerance I have noticed that sometimes switching up the cultivar sometimes helps? Maybe I get use to a particular chemotype and benefit from a change up. Please know that I love your products. I fondly remember the first time getting krunked on Melo Melo and Koniak. Before that I had only had Kona Kava. It could be a variety of factors like you said Judd. Maybe I need to switch for a month or so and then come back. Have you noticed 'getting use' to a particular cultivar or chemotype?

Status
Not open for further replies.