What's new

$1500 for 1kg of kava

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I also think the police do not know what they are talking about. However, it is entirely possible that kava is many times more expensive in remote parts of Australia than in America. The key reason why is the fact that it is banned and yet desired by local communities as a much healthier and socially less harmful alternative to alcohol.

The great irony and tragedy is that the Aussie government lists kava's high cost (caused largely by prohibition!) as one of the key reasons why kava (in their view) harms small communities and why it should be totally banned.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
~15x markup on a mild, non addictive herb, supposedly being paid for by poor impoverished natives when they could much more easily get access to cheap strong alcohol...

Unlikely,...seems like the clueless anti-'drug'/propaganda machine at work.

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
so what was the issue to begin with (according to the authorities)? Im curious, and want the readers digest version, rather than wading through a ton of aussie propaganda. I mean, was there an issue? Or was it just political?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
The issue to begin with is that there is a lot of substance abuse in those communities and kava got lumped in with the bad stuff by authorities who don't know much about it.

D

Deactivated Account

Its no diff to when they bust a house with 10 of those funny plants growing inside, be that they are just 12" high. They have a formular put together by one of the officers cats that states each plant is capable of X output at maturity & harvested for x amount of time. Looks good on the media release.

verticity

I'm interested in things
so what was the issue to begin with (according to the authorities)? Im curious, and want the readers digest version, rather than wading through a ton of aussie propaganda. I mean, was there an issue? Or was it just political?
I know, Aussie propaganda is worse than former Soviet Union propaganda.