What's new

50 and over?

Sheryl

Kava Curious
Man, I just read @Krunkie McKrunkface 's post on dehydration. He is sooo on target with that one. We have been hitting temps in the high 90s around here and you spent 4 hours in the Texas heat. Kava can dehydrate you a little bit and the Texas sun (as you well know) can burn you alive if you aren't careful. So hit the water. Maybe some pediolyte might help you this morning.
Deleted User01...I didn't indulge in Kava until 5:20 pm. Drank tons of water with frequent breaks in the AC, but when the head started hurting I said I'm done. Sat in cold water for 30 minutes to cool my core. Guess it wasn't enough when I started drinking Kava, which I did drink water, but by this time I was trying to settle my stomach. Schatz and Krunkie...I only took the sleep aide so I could sleep after I failed to fall asleep. This is the part I dread about getting off the drink. I've read that it may take up to a week for the effects of alcohol withdrawal to subside. IT SUCKS!

schatz

itchin for kava
Deleted User01...I didn't indulge in Kava until 5:20 pm. Drank tons of water with frequent breaks in the AC, but when the head started hurting I said I'm done. Sat in cold water for 30 minutes to cool my core. Guess it wasn't enough when I started drinking Kava, which I did drink water, but by this time I was trying to settle my stomach. Schatz and Krunkie...I only took the sleep aide so I could sleep after I failed to fall asleep. This is the part I dread about getting off the drink. I've read that it may take up to a week for the effects of alcohol withdrawal to subside. IT SUCKS!
I hear this alot from my friends that drink alot. This is one of the things that keeps em drinking no matter how many times I get them on the kava and sleeping good. try the tryptothan you will feel so much better, and it is a amino acid that we all need anyway. It also increase serotonin naturally and this could be one of the reasons we tend to drink.

Sheryl

Kava Curious
I hear this alot from my friends that drink alot. This is one of the things that keeps em drinking no matter how many times I get them on the kava and sleeping good. try the tryptothan you will feel so much better, and it is a amino acid that we all need anyway. It also increase serotonin naturally and this could be one of the reasons we tend to drink.
I will. Krunkie wrote my story on another post about DRINK. I don't need itto function during the day...I'm a natural energizer ...up until 5:pm! I've told my self...like with smoking and going low carb to lose weight....do it during Summer break from school so I can adjust my sleeping and my mood. Of course DRINK is the las of my demons to slay....and no doubt the hardest. Thanks to you all for your support and suggestions. Speaking of...Kava Candy?

D

Deleted User01

Kava Candy is ok in emergencies but for me it's not the same as root. Might come in handy when you are on the road or visiting relatives. I hear nothing but compliments about the Kava Candy and I never hear anything bad. So yeah, but that club in your bag too. I was gardening for 2 hours just now and it is hotter than hades. Looking forward to some Kava in the Air Conditioning this afternoon.

Sheryl

Kava Curious
OMG...watching Youtube on Kava experience. Ryan McKnight fixing his first drink. His ratio is 1 to 2. He put 1 cup of Kave to cups of water:bored:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
The candies are great but not as a substitute for grog, except maybe in an emergency at work where you must CALMMMM!!! NOWWW!!! and slam a few, good to have on hand. But rather, candies are great as a supplement to grog. Have one while prepping the grog. Have one as the grog is wearing off. Have one in the middle of a bodacious krunk. Have one for breakfast. Wake up in the night and eat a candy and go back to sleep. Eat one while you're in the shower. Whatever. They're wonderful. One is great. Two is great. Three is great. Four is great. They're great. I buy two cases at a time.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Of course DRINK is the las of my demons to slay....
Do you mind if I put this in a scrap book and we can read it together a year from now?

What I found with kava was that it slayed demons I didn't even know I had. Part of being in the middle of something is you can't see it until it's gone. You might drink kava for one reason and then it does a number on a whole another part of your life. Or parts. Or many parts.

There's a whole bunch of things kava fixed for me I had just thought were normal parts of aging, comes with the territory. Except it doesn't, because I don't have those problems any more, but I'm still old. Older, even.

It's weird. And fun.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Kava Candy is ok in emergencies but for me it's not the same as root. Might come in handy when you are on the road or visiting relatives. I hear nothing but compliments about the Kava Candy and I never hear anything bad. So yeah, but that club in your bag too. I was gardening for 2 hours just now and it is hotter than hades. Looking forward to some Kava in the Air Conditioning this afternoon.
Very true - not trying to replace root at all but I like to say it is a nice supplement to root in times of need :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Very true - not trying to replace root at all but I like to say it is a nice supplement to root in times of need :)
It's a nice supplement to root any time, in fact, my favourite time to have a candy is when I've just had as much grog as I want. They're just really really nice, any time, all the time. IMO. Icing on the cupcake of life.