What's new

A Call for a Truth and Reconciliation Discussion on the Noble vs. Tudei Controversy

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Hopefully people who are newbies to kava are smart/interested enough to understand how a certification program works. We see it at the store everyday. If it is "fair trade certified" we know that the people who make the product are getting fair treatment. If it is "non gmo project certified" we know the product is free of gmo's. But we also know that just because it doesnt have one of these certifications, doesnt mean it is the product of child slave labor or made with tons of gmos. We just know that for whatever reason they arent certified by the project. Pretty simple

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Maybe the point of the whole thing is that TK certification just confuses people. Imagine being a newbie and having to figure out the difference between a TK-certified Kava and a non TK-certified Kava.

As for the Tudei issue, well.. I think we all just have different opinions on it. But I do, for one, want to respect the policies of Kava-exporting countries. If it is illegal for Vanuatuans to export Tudei, I certainly don't want to create a demand for it. But Isa from Hawaii, properly labeled? Why not?
Personally I had no idea what the TK cert was before I read this thread. I have always just bought based recommendation and reviews. Currently I am a GHK junky because of the quality and the prices for me being in Canada can't be beat. I do think vendors should have to state weather they are noble or not 100% let me know what I am putting in my body, that said I think someone should be able to buy tudei if they want to take that ride. I personally don't but others do. Some people like beer some like whiskey so give them the choice.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Personally I had no idea what the TK cert was before I read this thread. I have always just bought based recommendation and reviews. Currently I am a GHK junky because of the quality and the prices for me being in Canada can't be beat. I do think vendors should have to state weather they are noble or not 100% let me know what I am putting in my body, that said I think someone should be able to buy tudei if they want to take that ride. I personally don't but others do. Some people like beer some like whiskey so give them the choice.
Have you tried thekavaroots.com? They're in Canada and their Tongan Reserve is my favourite kava ever.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Close run thing though, I got some Vanuatu waka from realkava.com in the mail today and it's treating me really nicely.

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
I'm not buying anymore kava until I can find some 'Free Range' certified kava. I was horrified when I discovered that the kava are forced to live on farms for years until they are eventually sliced open and shredded to pieces. :eek::eek::eek:
If it doesn't come with a "Red Tractor" certificate then i won't buy!
My farm has to "red tractor " certified so i expect everything else to be!

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
You know what could be a useful rating on Kava? A Shart rating. Like have a range of how many minutes that you have to get to the bathroom after drinking a shell.
We could save the lives of many underwear lost before their time.
See, this man has solutions. This is far from a difficult to understand rating, as everyone has experienced a shart in their lifetime. However, I'm not sure about how to quantify the shart rating. Of course, this needs to be lab tested and repeatable to really ensure this rating means something to the consumers.

Lastly, what do we call it? I propose ShartSense™

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
See, this man has solutions. This is far from a difficult to understand rating, as everyone has experienced a shart in their lifetime. However, I'm not sure about how to quantify the shart rating. Of course, this needs to be lab tested and repeatable to really ensure this rating means something to the consumers.

Lastly, what do we call it? I propose ShartSense™
This gets a 4.5 shart rating. ::shit2::::shit2::::shit2::::shit2::::fart2::

Last edited:

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I kind of feel like it's settled:

For people who want TK certified Kava, it's there.

People are still buying other Kava, regardless. Most vendors are self-regulating and using their best judgement.

Tudei remains controversial, but nobody has any power to do anything about it anyways.

Garry is okay, and him and his family are in our thoughts.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
In the spirit of friendship I think we should all drink some kava (I'm 3 shells in personally) and agree that anyone who wants to drink tudei should be allowed to but that we should do everything we can to stop noobs getting tudei and swearing off kava forever. Also knowingly adulterating noble kava with tudei should be a capital offence. As well unless the TK project starts up any time soon I don't think that's something we need to worry about... BULA!

Sam Handwich

Kava Enthusiast
You know what could be a useful rating on Kava? A Shart rating. Like have a range of how many minutes that you have to get to the bathroom after drinking a shell.
We could save the lives of many underwear lost before their time.
When we perform the shart acetone test at home what color should the acetone turn if it fails the test?