What's new

A new kava drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I know of a several companies that made drinks, some were fizzy and some were not but the thing they all had in common and I think that this one is that way too, they are made with a standardized extract. I personally like to stay away from extracts of kava, I like the traditional way of using kava. For example, there was a study that was done recently and since I am not up on my cellular biology I can only tell you the gist of things.
The study took Human cells and put kava extract on it, and nothing happened, when they put the water extract, like they drink in Vanuatu, the cell came alive with activity, good activity so that tells us something about the real thing and the extracts. Aloha.

Chris

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Hello all from Mike, the official owner of Kalm with Kava! Thank you HeadHodge for stumbling across our new website and subsequently helping us find this website. I am excited to interact with the online Kava community and answer any questions about our new Kava Drink anyone may have. A little about us, I began this venture over 3 years ago after enjoying Kava for about the last 12 years. We have worked very hard with nutritionists, food scientists, and the actual Kava growers all over the South Pacific. All this work has finally culminated in being able to offer a great Kava Drink both available online and in retail stores across the west coast. It is a non carbonated drink, instead mixed with natural fruit juices including Passion and Guava. We utilize CO2 extracted Kava freshly prepared from Vanuatu Kava root. This is to-date this best extraction method available keeping the active kavalactone content while not introducing harmful solvents. I encourage anyone to hit us up with any questions or comments and look forward to speaking with you! I love talking about all things Kava and encourage anyone to visit our website http://KalmwithKava.com

Last edited:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
there's one extra "w" in that link, in case you wanna fix that.
I've gotta say, that does look like the most delicious kava beverage i've ever seen. I'd certainly give it a try just out of curiosity and convenience. It would surely be good for newbies too. But, I probably wouldn't buy it often unless it had 1,500 mg - 2,000 mg kavalactones per bottle. :hungry: private collection ? ;)

Do you have a list of retailers I can check out ?

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I've just found this website: http://www.kavar.co.nz/ Has anyone tried it?

For some bizarre reason it seems it's impossible to order it through the producer's website. I am wondering if it's distributed by any other company.
I unintentionally kinda hijacked your thread. So I wrote to Kavar a little while ago, asking them to participate in this thread to answer questions. Hopefully they will reply in the same spirit that Kalm with Kava has.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
@shakas - Thanks for correction, I'm on the road a lot so replying by smart phone creates a lot of grammatical errors I apologize in advance. We definitely did create Kalm with the inexperienced Kava person in mind. We wanted a drink that would be tasty and still have that great kava effect for those not prepared for the peppery/muddy taste. For liability reasons the kavalactone content is below your ideal range but it is definitely not out of the question to have a "private reserve" batch for those Kava connoisseurs. Alternatively, I drink kava probably 5x a week and 1-1.5 bottles still does the trick for me :) Bonfare markets in the SF area as well as many mom and pop shops in MT, WY, WA, ID, and CA. We are in discussions right now with some big name stores, so it shouldn't be too long!
Buy Kava

Last edited:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Welcome aboard Mike, it's nice to have you here. Looking forward to the private reserve stuff. If you don't mind revealing it, what is the kavalactone content of one bottle? How about calories?

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Thanks Kavadude! I hate being ambiguous but one of the difficult parts of this process was determining the appropriate strains and amounts of kavalactones to create the perfect Kava Drink. We have to keep that one in our pocket for the time being. ;-)

Last edited:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Thanks Mike. Trying to drop some weight here so I can't really drink a whole lot of calories. Ordered the two pack.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Cheers Kavadude thanks for the support! USPS has already picked up today but it will go out with tomorrow morning's orders. All orders ship priority mail so they should be in your hands Saturday.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Hi Henry! While we do have recurring customers outside the US including Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa, the international shipping gets pricey. 39.99 for 6-12 bottles 58.00 per case.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.