What's new

Member Soapbox A wave of relaxation and focus- First time with good Kava

StarDustin

Kava Curious
The post man never was this late. I eagerly opened my new bag of Kava from Bula Kava House and put in it my new fijian strainer bag. I used Deleted User's method. I have never kneaded anything for ten minutes straight so it was a laborious task to say the least. My labor produced the worst tasting drink I have ever had. Then I felt my mouth, tongue and lips go numb and I knew I was in for a ride.

It started out as a sedated feeling, but as time went on I realized my focus greatly improved and a lot of the chronic anxiety I deal with had disappeared. The big test was my upcoming piano lesson which usually brings me nothing but anxiety. I am happy to say that Kava came through for me, I was relaxed and focused and if I missed a note, that was OK.

Moving forward I still have many questions and concerns. I wonder if tolerance will build up and this will all be a flash in the pan.

I see this as a new beginning. I hoped when I started Kava that it would lead to a calmer me. My goal is to feel more in tune with the good vibrations of the world instead of constantly being stuck in my own world of panic.

Thanks to all of you for helping get me started! I am excited to see where this journey will lead me.

StarDustin

Kava Curious
Glad to hear kava is working for you! This is very typical of anyone who is able to overcome the taste - and you may even come to like it, some of us do. Don't worry about building up a tolerance, kava does not work that way. If anything, you may require less for the same effect as time goes by.
Thanks Deleted User for the method and the advice!

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Great Job. Sounds like your on your way, to finding Kavas place in your life. Much love. Roaddog....

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Let me officially welcome you to kava. It's beneficial effects just get better and better. Stick around and let us know how it goes. It's good for us kava diehards to see someone relive the days of first finding it. Reminds us of how truly awesome this root is.

StarDustin

Kava Curious
Let me officially welcome you to kava. It's beneficial effects just get better and better. Stick around and let us know how it goes. It's good for us kava diehards to see someone relive the days of first finding it. Reminds us of how truly awesome this root is.
Thanks Kapm! It was because of this forum that I learned how to make Kava properly. I will keep you all posted on how my first month with Kava goes.

StarDustin

Kava Curious
If you don't mind could you describe "how" you found it?? I'm charged with the kavapedia and review forms, so this is important to me to help me figure out ways to make it even easier to find important info here for everyone. (y)
I found Deleted User's method by clicking on 'New to Kava?' on the navigation bar. Then I clicked 'Frequently Asked Questions' then under 'How Do I prepare Kava?' I clicked this link: http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/wiki/kava-preparation/

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
Yea, I agree. If it tastes like hell haired over, you got it right. Much love. Roaddog....
Hey, Roaddog, was going to bring up the subject with you a couple of times, but never got around to it. I'm a little jealous of your gardening. I have a house with 6 acres, used to be 24 before I sold the rest, in another state. My daughter lives there now. But I've been an avid gardener my entire life. When I was just a little kid, my grandparents always had a huge garden and my grandmother would take me out and teach me about plants and show me how to grow things. It just stuck with me. Now I'm stuck in a city because of my job and all I have is a 25x7 deck to grow stuff on. I do the best I can, but I sure miss my big gardens from living in the country.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Hey, Roaddog, was going to bring up the subject with you a couple of times, but never got around to it. I'm a little jealous of your gardening. I have a house with 6 acres, used to be 24 before I sold the rest, in another state. My daughter lives there now. But I've been an avid gardener my entire life. When I was just a little kid, my grandparents always had a huge garden and my grandmother would take me out and teach me about plants and show me how to grow things. It just stuck with me. Now I'm stuck in a city because of my job and all I have is a 25x7 deck to grow stuff on. I do the best I can, but I sure miss my big gardens from living in the country.
Well thank you sir. My grandparents also put out a big garden. Also my family owns a tree nursery. So I have also been around it my whole life. Its great, when the weather, works in my favor. This has been a good year here. Just the right amount of rain. That makes all the difference. Some years it will rain and not stop, until I have to put in a late plant, which often ends up not producing nice flushes. Some years its so dry, I'm having to pump well water, to water my crops. I don't know why, but well water around here isn't the best for plants. Rain water is where its at. This year, has been great. Not too dry, not too wet. I have only had to water my garden a few times this year. Also I dumped a few truck loads of mushroom compost, from a mushroom farm. I also get the Horse manure from the local fair grounds. I also fertilize with worm castings. This allows for large lush green plants, with plenty of blooms, giving nice vegetables. Much love. Roaddog....