What's new

Acupuncture

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Has anyone with moderate to severe anxiety and/or mild depression had success with acupuncture? If so, how many sessions were needed for it to start helping and how much did it help. How often did you need acupuncture sessions to maintain benefit?

I've had it done maybe twice a few years back and enjoyed the deep relaxation but for whatever reason didn't have the drive to make it a regular thing. I'm facing some extra anxiety and a little depression lately so I would love some relief without consuming anything. Lethargy and feeling tired despite getting any amount of sleep is really taking a toll on me. I would love to feel energy again that isn't anxious energy. My experience with it in the past was almost like the stress relief one might get from deep meditation, without the difficulty. Thanks

violet

Do all things with love
I found acupuncture very helpful for relieving stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia, and lots of other issues. My physical response is very atypical, so my personal comparison probably wouldn't apply to you.

Many people experience a measure of response with the first treatment. A lot of people who use it do so regularly, whether it's weekly, monthly, or just when they feel like they need a "tune-up." If you feel something the first time you go back, you might carry that improvement for a certain amount of time. Repeated visits can help the body hold those improvements for longer periods each time. Some people go a few times and end up not going back because they feel better.

I've experienced my best sessions with needles or cups when I've been able to meditate at the same time. I've also had some very disappointing sessions. Ask around and get personal recommendations for someone if you can.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Acupuncture has helped me with a neck sprain and hormone balancing. I’m sorry to say that it has never helped with anxiety and depression, even when switching up practitioners.

Daily’s mindfulness meditation and eating regularly is what has helped me the most. Also CBT thought retraining.

Status
Not open for further replies.