What's new

Advice on best Instant

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
What's the best instant in your opinion ..I realize this is probably in the polls but there are a lot of new vendors popping up and want to get a good idea of what to buy

leckel

Kava Curious
I've personally never had any instant kava, but you couldn't go wrong with the instant from BKH or N@H.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
The only two instants I've had that I would re-order are Chris's Vanuatu and Kava Kauai's Kava Kwik. Chris's Vanuatu is more of the muscle relaxing sort and Kava Kwik is more heady. IIRC, Kava Kwik also has the best price out of any instant if you order the big bag.

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
I've had both of the above as well as BKH Instant, and I definitely have to agree with @kavadude..pricewise I'm partial to Kava Kwik but really need those muscle benefits of Chris' goodies

D

Deleted User01

I love the Moi Instant Kava from Hawaiian Gourmet. He has a variety of them. The Moi was very good and I recently ordered some more. You will see his various posts here on the forum under the name Chris. Check out his web site: http://gourmethawaiiankava.com/1.html

Last edited by a moderator:

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I've had both of the above as well as BKH Instant, and I definitely have to agree with @kavadude..pricewise I'm partial to Kava Kwik but really need those muscle benefits of Chris' goodies
Morning @HeadHodge! Yeah let me just clarify that I I like heady kava in certain situations too..like you said, don't wanna fall asleep in someones face when they're talkin to ya:oops::facepalm:..lol...or when I'm at work. But some tend to make me very jittery, hate that feeling. Plus, I surely need the muscle relaxant and pain relieving benefits of a good body load kava;) Man, it's a hard balance sometimes:rolleyes:...that being said...on days when I need both, and want instant, I mix BOTH:woot:
Hi KavaGurl I am trying to get a handle on the least heady as far as instants go and most heavy as I think I may have the tendency of being more prone to the "jittery feeling" you are talking about.

You feel the two instants from Chris are both more along the heavy lines with the Hawaiian being more so. And you like Kava Kwik but sometimes it may lean towards the"jittery feeling"?

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Got my order of GHK Hawaiian Instant yesterday. Had some for lunch (somewhat heaping tablespoon) and then the same again in the evening. I normally read a good book until about 11pm. Instead, I woke up in my chair at 11pm and barely made it to bed. Slept like a baby all night.

If I was going to have a party with this stuff, the party would be strictly R.S.V.P and B.Y.O.P. (bring your own pillow)!!!

So now I'm looking for a good "Heady" brain load Kava Instant for my other party. Any recommendations out there?

D

Deleted User01

I thought the GHK Moi Instant would be heady. Which one did you get from GHK, Vanuatua or Moi?

D

Deleted User01

Good, I have some Mo'i on the way as well. I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that the Lunch Kava may have been responsible for putting you to sleep later in the day. A good example is my buddy who had a six pack early on New Years Eve Afternoon, took a nap when he got home, and completely missed the New Years Eve Party. But that's just speculation on my part. I'll give the Mo'i a whirl and find out the easy way.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
For me
Hi KavaGurl I am trying to get a handle on the least heady as far as instants go and most heavy as I think I may have the tendency of being more prone to the "jittery feeling" you are talking about.

You feel the two instants from Chris are both more along the heavy lines with the Hawaiian being more so. And you like Kava Kwik but sometimes it may lean towards the"jittery feeling"?
For me, Chris's Vanuatu is the only instant with an appreciable body effect. The rest of them are all quite similarly heady.

CanAwa

I want to order some kava kwik but I am just wondering how long shipping to Canada will take ..and for some reason the contact button on there website doesn't work ..anybody ?

CanAwa

Well I ordered some from bkh because I was ordering some nambawan and boroguru and figured I'd save on the shipping ..nobody really recomended the instant from there but I figure I can't go wrong with bkh products

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Well I ordered some from bkh because I was ordering some nambawan and boroguru and figured I'd save on the shipping ..nobody really recomended the instant from there but I figure I can't go wrong with bkh products
I like it just fine, but I didn't think it was as potent as N@H Shaman Instant. Maybe they are Instants from different kinds of roots?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
How far does 50 g go ?
Not sure. I always use a moderately heaping tablespoon (4 - 5 teaspoons) per drink. So I would have to weigh my dose and calculate from there. I think I purchased a larger can than that in the past. I think @infraredz has a thread somewhere where he provides some average weights per tablespoon. So if you find that, you could probably use his numbers to calculate.

KavaGurl

For me Chris's Hawaiian is the more uplifting of the two without being jittery..it's perfect! The heavier one was the Vanuatu,,awesome for muscle relaxation! Now I really want to try this Moi..Is it on the site yet??

D

Deleted User01

I ordered some instant Moi yesterday. I never had any instant before I tried his Vanuatu but now I'm finding lots of applications for it. The Kava Colada I made had 1 table of instant and 1 table of micronized and it was very potent. So for me, I can make one big potent drink, put ice in it, and go outside and enjoy the good weather this weekend. I will be experimenting with some healthy combinations that have less sugar. (Ex. 1 fresh orange, a scoop of pineapple fresh or otherwise, half a mango, 3 tables of instant, a scoop of plain greek yogurt would be optional, and blend.). Now fill with ice and go outside and listen to the birds sing. That one drink counts as a session and can be sipped in a leisurely manner. And so I might do that once a week. I'm hoping the Moi is a little bit more heady.

KavaGurl

That sounds exquisite! I'm game for those kinds of cocktails during the awesome spring and summer months.:D