What's new

Advice on best Instant

D

Deleted User01

I've made that smoothie before and if I'm a good little boy, my wife will get a fresh pineapple and skin it for me. Not an easy task. I'll keep you posted. I live in South Texas and the birds are singing up a storm in my backyard. The male red birds are showing the brightest colors of the year as they compete for the females. I have to remember to take my binos with me when I sit down outside. Sometimes its best to turn off Pandora for a while and pay attention to everything around you.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
For me Chris's Hawaiian is the more uplifting of the two without being jittery..it's perfect! The heavier one was the Vanuatu,,awesome for muscle relaxation! Now I really want to try this Moi..Is it on the site yet??
Hi @KavaGurl. I'm a little confused (not an unusual state for me), the Hawaiian Instant I bought from Chris says, on his website, that it's "Hawaiian kava, this one is 'Awa Mo'i". He explicitly says "this one is 'Awa Mo'i". Does that mean the Hawaiian Instant that you have and are using is something different than what he is currently selling? Thanks in advance for helping my understanding.

Regards
Bob

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
Hi @KavaGurl. I'm a little confused (not an unusual state for me), the Hawaiian Instant I bought from Chris says, on his website, that it's "Hawaiian kava, this one is 'Awa Mo'i". He explicitly says "this one is 'Awa Mo'i". Does that mean the Hawaiian Instant that you have and are using is something different than what he is currently selling? Thanks in advance for helping my understanding.

Regards
Bob

Sorry Bob..I just figured out that they are one in the same:facepalm:..Don''t mind me..lol..I too am easily confused at times :oops:

starscolliding

Kava Curious
How does all of this compare to Shaman or Fire Island? Fire Island is currently my reference for instant. Great writeup on Fire Island on the Kacasseur site.

sentiententity

Kava Enthusiast
How does all of this compare to Shaman or Fire Island? Fire Island is currently my reference for instant. Great writeup on Fire Island on the Kacasseur site.
I'm curious how the other instants compare to fire island as well. I'm in the same boat as you, stars. FI is my main experience with instants. I have tried the instant from BKH and it didn't affect me any more than FI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I've tried Shaman but not Fire Island, and I prefer my original recs (Chris's Vanuatu or Kava Kwik) to Shaman or BKH Vanuatu Green.

D

Deleted User01

Don't forget guys, the instant is supposed to be the primary ingredient in our Kava recipes, at least at the beginning. So stock up! Too bad my instant didn't arrive this weekend and I only have micronized and Gaia Extract for the coming recipe post. When you have lemons, you make KavaAde. I predict the drink will still be awesome. More to come later.

KavaGurl

Hhhhmm...micronized that's what I lack..and here i thought i was done with my kava purchases for the week..:eggonface::facepalm: Time to hunt Chris down I guess!:D

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I've tried Shaman but not Fire Island, and I prefer my original recs (Chris's Vanuatu or Kava Kwik) to Shaman or BKH Vanuatu Green.
I'm gonna try the kava kwik after work get through the bkh instant ..price seems right for a pound

D

Deleted User01

Kava Girl, stay tuned. The weather is crappy today but I already have the Kava in water solution and the fruit is ready to rock. I'll be posting my Kava Smoothie recipe probably before 5:00 with my observations. It has a heavy dose of Micronized in it. Also, I think Chris said that he had a finer grind of Micronized that the sample he gave us. Ask him about that too. Mine is a little gritty but you won't notice it in a smoothie full of fresh fruit. And the Vanuatu seems to act quick and it is potent.

KavaGurl

Awesome javadude..can't wait!:D I cheated today and used a bag of frozen smoothie mix I had and the rest of my Vanuatu instant..and looked at my bag of Boroguru and thought "eh why not"..so I tossed in a tablespoon of that as well:facepalm:..wasn't half bad and pretty much had me pinned to the couch after only 8ozo_O...oopsie..I'll definitely be hitting Chris up on the micronized though;)

D

Deleted User01

You are a brave soul just jamming a tab of powder in there. There is no such thing as cheating. I posted a fresh fruit recipe for those that are concerned about diet. Actually, the frozen Pina Colada mix was way tastier. That was definitely a sipper but it was instant with a dash of Micronized. Pray tell, what color was your smoothie and what flavor was it? In my case, I think the extract messed up the color and the Micronized doesn't help the color either. Instant plus Micronized seems to be ok.

violet

Do all things with love
If you can mix something up with root powder that still tastes good, you know you've got a winner for sure.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hay Kavagurl, I will put some micronized up on my site just for you, well others can buy it too but there will always be some for you. :)

Give me some time to get it ground up and packaged. Aloha.

Chris
Will it be finer than your Tonga micronized? I believe it was you that said the Tonga was a little too coarse for your liking. I'm sorta interested in trying for a "kicker" with something else, maybe.

KavaGurl

Hay Kavagurl, I will put some micronized up on my site just for you, well others can buy it too but there will always be some for you. :)

Give me some time to get it ground up and packaged. Aloha.

Chris
Thanks a bunch Chris!!:D I'll surelybe grabbing it as soon as I see it there:woot:..you're awesomeness knows no bounds;)