What's new

Aha moment?

Savanna

Sometimes smeghead
So, I've been taking kava for about a month. I drink either two shells in the morning or at night and I haven't really felt anything crazy, until last night.
Everything was so funny. I was really hungry too. Like it felt like someone had spiked it. Lol. It was lovely though.
And I am now currently melting into the couch on my day off. This stuff isn't too bad :)

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Gosh, that sounds awfully familiar....... :)

If at some point you smeg up and have too smegging much, you'll know because you start seeing double and getting vertigo, just sit tight in a comfy chair and relax, wait for it to pass, which it will, and make note of what your upper limit is.

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
I remember some inflection point in the way I felt it. There was one batch, I think for me it was a N@H batch, where I made it really well and was like WOAH.

I think the RT thing is a mix of factors:
1. Learning curve on how to knead a good grog. Aluball is Changing this, but I still encourage all exclusive 'ballers to make a few grogs to really feel the extraction going on.
2. Psychological: Knowing what to expect and how to enjoy it. Kavas effect is strong yet subtle. The kava may fall on deaf "ears" a few times before your train yourself to "listen"
3. Maybe some voodoo on titrating the kava into your bloodstream or something. I'm no doctor but the literal, biological phenomenon of reverse tolerance makes no sense to me, and yet so many attest to it.

Savanna

Sometimes smeghead
I'm gonna need to try this squanch stuff someday. They were on vacation when I went to order my next batch. Perhaps next month.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
What prep method?
Any method, pretty much, but especially my krunk prep: 4 TBS mixed with 2/3 cup liquid, one half of which is cold water, the rest is coconut milk. Run in the blender for 30 seconds, wait 10 minutes then strain and chug. For the second wash do the same thing using the original makas from the strainer and add a fresh TBS of dry root. For the third wash repeat, the makas plus a fresh TBS. And with Squanch you can do this a fourth time. Cosmic. But aggressive.

Krunkmeup

Kava Enthusiast
Any method, pretty much, but especially my krunk prep: 4 TBS mixed with 2/3 cup liquid, one half of which is cold water, the rest is coconut milk. Run in the blender for 30 seconds, wait 10 minutes then strain and chug. For the second wash do the same thing using the original makas from the strainer and add a fresh TBS of dry root. For the third wash repeat, the makas plus a fresh TBS. And with Squanch you can do this a fourth time. Cosmic. But aggressive.
I will be ordering some squanch for sure!