What's new

Aloha and Kava Project

AndrewG

Kava Curious
Hello all,
I am new to this forum and delighted to have come across it. I am conducting an undergraduate research project on Kava and will be visited Vanuatu so I am looking for connections. Also I will be look at kava in Hawai'i as well. With that said I stated a campaign to raise independent funds that are needed additionally to the limited funding my university if providing. In any event if you could contribute, share, or link me with any one in VU who could be interviewed about kava that would be wonderful. Primarily kava producers/farmers and consumers. I am in touch with a few great people there already :) Of course any connections on island here in Hawai'i - Oah'u or Big Island would be helpful as well. Mahalo,

With Aloha,

Andrew

KavaKitty

Meaow
Where are you going to school? Just curious, I went to NYU for my undergrad work and they were generally really good about funding research projects.

AndrewG

Kava Curious
Hi
Where are you going to school? Just curious, I went to NYU for my undergrad work and they were generally really good about funding research projects.
I was trying to keep that on the down low but I suppose that it is okay since it is my own endeavor. I go to the University of Hawai'i at Manoa. I have applied for funding although it just is not enough to capture the capacity of the work.

AndrewG

Kava Curious
That just sent a notification to every vendor on our website. I think there will be more than a few that can help you.
Oh, and I forgot, Welcome! Glad to have you with us :)
Mahalo nui loa, I read through the tudei (two day) kava discussion though it is quite long I believe I saw some contributions on there from you. On that thread there was some nonsense and some practical information, although I guess that is how it goes. I will also be looking at this, a component of my project in terms of tudei and noble varieties ... :)

KavaKitty

Meaow
Hi

I was trying to keep that on the down low but I suppose that it is okay since it is my own endeavor. I go to the University of Hawai'i at Manoa. I have applied for funding although it just is not enough to capture the capacity of the work.
I was just curious. I'm sure there's funding available for academic research. Oh, and welcome to the forum. You've stumbled across the best group of people on the www.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Mahalo nui loa, I read through the tudei (two day) kava discussion though it is quite long I believe I saw some contributions on there from you. On that thread there was some nonsense and some practical information, although I guess that is how it goes. I will also be looking at this, a component of my project in terms of tudei and noble varieties ... :)
So what's your position on tudei kava?

AndrewG

Kava Curious
I'm sure there are people who would love to help.
I assume you'll be making the research around specifically around traditional prepration ?
I will be looking at the traditional circles as well as the value chain from the farmers and producers to distributors and the kava bars along with consumers so it will encompass a wide spectrum in this sense.

AndrewG

Kava Curious
So what's your position on tudei kava?
Well in research I will remain objective in terms of tudei. If you are asking personally I do consume on occasion if it's what is offered. However, it is not my choice. I think until we know enough about it as we do about noble kava that it should not be something that is promoted. For occasions perhaps there could be a clause in there somewhere with exception as it was in traditional contexts. I would like to see the noble varieties gain notoriety first then we can maybe discuss tudei. Yet it is still something to be investigated.

AndrewG

Kava Curious
I was just curious. I'm sure there's funding available for academic research. Oh, and welcome to the forum. You've stumbled across the best group of people on the www.
No worries, yes I did apply and I am waiting a response. I hope I do obtain the grant. However, even with it I still have to raise funds for in country expense to make the research possible and as robust as I can.