What's new

Alternative Consumption Methods?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
It used to boggle my mind how people drank this stuff in the beginning, for me it wasn't a matter of choice but need. Like @kavadude said, it doesn't bother me nearly as much, if at all, as long as it is ice cold and like Violet said, don't breathe, shoot it down.

blindy107

Kava Lover
YeH it was pretty repulsive at first. I even had a bit of an aversion near the start. The smell would make me shiver. But now it's nuttin. Like a fine wine swished around the mouth. Yummmmmmm

Kava Wolf

Prowling for Kava
Personally I think traditionally prepped kava tastes better than micronized. You may have to dilute it and drink more liquid to get where you want to be. You can put it under your tongue, and it gives you an instant heady effect, but the taste is still rough.
You mentioned putting it under your tongue...this was going to be my next question. I was going to start a new thread and ask about that, but decided to search for it first. I'm wondering how many here have tried kava like dipping a can of Skoal tobacco? Curious as to how that would work, if anyone wants to chime in.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
You mentioned putting it under your tongue...this was going to be my next question. I was going to start a new thread and ask about that, but decided to search for it first. I'm wondering how many here have tried kava like dipping a can of Skoal tobacco? Curious as to how that would work, if anyone wants to chime in.
I've tried chewing a root of medium grind and didn't notice any effects. "Dipping" the micro is strange. It gives you a different type of effect. Affects your head more and your body less. It can come in handy when you want a quick anti anxiety fix.