What's new

Am I doing this right?

D

Danny Brown

I bought some Tongan kava on eBay, the feedback on eBay says it is of average quality. I put about 5-6 tbsp in a cup of warm water (1:4 kava to water ratio). I also added a little bit of milk and oil. I blended it for a couple mins, let it sit for 30 mins, then blended again and drank it all.

I drank it on an empty stomach and it's been about 30 mins since I consumed it. I feel some effects but it's very subtle. Would it be worth make another brew or should I wait a bit longer?

Is there a big potency difference between using milk and oil when compared to lethicin.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
If you're brand new to kava, you shouldn't expect to feel it's full effects yet...it takes a while. Also, I've noticed high-kavain kava's (like most Tongans) can be the hardest effects to fully realize. But it is very nice when you get there. Just keep at it...and you should probably also start straining and kneading you kava.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
whoa....that sounds like a wicked milk-shake you made there buddy.:eek:

Nothing wrong with the way you made it if you like your kava thick like that. I'd :dead: if I drank that.

Bert07

Me like da kava
You should strain and knead next time. Unless you're really determined to drink/eat 5-6 tbsp of root like that, I suggest doing it the traditional way. There's no need to consume the root and the grog if you prepare it well enough. Also, either milk or lecithin will do just fine, one is not better than the other IMO. I use a mix of Almond Milk and Whole Milk. As far as oil goes, I'm sure it would certainly work, but I don't think it would be too appetizing on the palate, especially when mixed with Kava. I can't even begin to imagine the taste of Kava and Olive Oil mixed together. :wtf: Unless by some chance you are using Coconut Oil..then that'd be a different story. As mentioned before, you need to break through reverse tolerance, so stick with it and you'll be satisfied soon enough.