What's new

Amazon kava products

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
For the sake of Kava "science" if you will, my cart is full of kava to give these a go:

upload_2014-2-17_16-5-30.png

Since Wakacon is getting more notice around here I'm deciding to give it another go. My first time trying Kava was Wakacon and just didn't work for me (reverse tolerance maybe) but I'm wondering if my now Kava soaked brain will have a different response this time around.

The other stuff is for S & G's but maybe i'll have something to report about these. Didn't see too much on the boards about them.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
@Vekta I know, right? Definitely reading the ingredients list before popping one of those.

Found this but it's not very informative: http://www.gslsupplements.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=119&osCsid=qylxefzxgkkanm

Definitely not a root replacement but i'm rolling through KavaCandy lately so trying a cheaper alternative. I'm going to use the Wakacon kava to try to come up with a good coconut oil extraction that i can drop a "cube" of it in oatmeal, tea, whatever. Something to kickstart a kava session or just have a more mellow day at work.

Chris Gauthier

Kava Curious
Actually, I have a bunch of the GSL pills. If the packaging can be believed, they are nothing but powdered root compacted into a pill shape. They were the first kava product I tried that gave me enough of a head-change to seek out better stuff and that was before working through my RT. Now that I've had the real thing I barely notice the effects, though. I'll pop one at work if I need to take the edge off, but they don't really do much. At .41$ a box it isn't a big loss though. I think it comes out to like $3.50 a box or so with shipping and tax included. The only scary thing is how little third party info there is about the company or the product, like anywhere.

The first powder I tried was Wakacon's Fiji Waka, which is pretty good, followed by their Vanuatu, which I liked better. It has a heavier, stonier effect, which I happen to like. I don't know about the Lawena. Everything I've had from Wakacon gives me (very mild) nausea. I've been into a kilo of BKH Boroguru for the past week and absolutely love it.

D

Deleted User01

I've had the Mood and Mind and it works but not so tasty. They have lots of other unmentionable goodies that somebody already mentioned. TidyMinion, you have the awesome job of reviewing and comparing those Kavas from Amazon. We await your reviews with "Baited" breath. Or should I say "Kava" breath.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Amazon's telling me the Mood&Mind order is already delivered. If that's the case, then kudos at least for quick delivery. Was planning on going kava-free for a couple nights until the new stuff gets here but if it's already here then I'll give it a go this evening. Never tried Lawena or a Vanuatu labeled kava either but feel comfortable with other kinds so it'll be fun to see where this goes. Excited to try the Vanuatu based on reports here.

@Chris Gauthier Thanks for the report on the GSL pills. Makes me a little bit comfortable with them. Tried Wakacon Fiji but hadn't worked through RT then so didn't really do much for me. I was going to order it this time but for some reason it wasn't showing up available to buy. Just wasn't there on Amazon. I see it's back now so not sure what the hell happened.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Lawena kava is 100% stump chips. The kavasseur did a review on Lawena kava and from what I can remember he was quite underwhelmed. It should be a far more palatable kava, but the effects just aren't as strong as waka (100% lateral roots). Also most kavas are a blend of roots and basal stump. Let us know what you think if it.

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
Looking forward to hearing about the mood and mind kava ..I have a bag and haven't tried it yet

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
the Mood & Mind is pretty good. i'd say if you're trying to save a few bucks on a milder melo melo type then try it out.

@yepimonfire i got too Rooted Friday night on the Wakacon Vanuatu to make any posts about it but, damn, i was not expecting that kind of potency. Think i'll call it Wackycon from here out :wacky:

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
Tried it last night ! At first I kinda thought it was a little weak on the first shell and on my second it hit me ..a wave of body and then a slow climb to a bit of a head ..the taste was brutal but all in all wasn't a waste of money

violet

Do all things with love
@yepimonfire i got too Rooted Friday night on the Wakacon Vanuatu to make any posts about it but, damn, i was not expecting that kind of potency. Think i'll call it Wackycon from here out :wacky:
Glad it wasn't just me then. I had some really potent root sessions with this when I first tried it, but then the effects I was getting puttered out on the second half of the bag. Perhaps I will revisit it again soon.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Told you guys it was good shit, regardless of price or poorly made website/info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk