What's new

Powdered Kava Review Ambae's Kava

Eleseth

I am new to Kava having started drinking it just last month. For comparison, I have had just Borongoru and Loa Waka from KWK.
Because I had heard great things about KT, I decided to order from him this month. I got 8 oz of each- Ambae, Taevuni’s Secret, and Savusavu, pretty much created my own sample pack. My order arrived very quickly- ordered Wed and received Sat.
The Ambae took about 30 minutes to really take effect, but was quite strong once it did. I mostly felt really relaxed and spent most of the time sitting and watching tv. It definitely mainly had a heavy effect because I did not have the same euphoric effects and sense of well-being as the Loa Waka. Ambae is more like the Borongoru but stronger and slower to take effect. As for the mild, short-lived headache in the morning, that has occurred with the other kava I’ve tried as well.
Overall this seemed like a great kava and I’m looking forward to trying the other KT cultivars that I ordered.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Totally agree with Krunkie. If the headaches are coming up the next morning, definitely hydrate more and make sure you are replenishing electrolytes. Kava can deplete them similar to alcohol and then you can really feel it after sleeping since you've gone a number of hours without hydrating much or at all.

Eleseth

Thanks for the advice! Interestingly I haven’t had a morning headache since posting this review. I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve inadvertently been hydrating more or if my body needed to adjust to kava . I also am prone to migraines and not only has kava never triggered one, they’ve been occurring less frequently. Maybe due to the anti inflammatory properties of kava?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Thanks for the advice! Interestingly I haven’t had a morning headache since posting this review. I’m not sure if it’s because I’ve inadvertently been hydrating more or if my body needed to adjust to kava . I also am prone to migraines and not only has kava never triggered one, they’ve been occurring less frequently. Maybe due to the anti inflammatory properties of kava?
What's interesting is that I can say with a good bit of certainty that since I began drinking kava, my headaches have been just about non-existent. I never had a really bad time with them, but usually would have a headache maybe once a week. Not sure if it's a combination of time and kava, or just kava, but since I started drinking it, headaches have been more a figment of imagination than a reality. I'd say I have a headache maybe once every 3-4 months. Migraines run in our family really deep, too so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it's the kava.

Eleseth

What's interesting is that I can say with a good bit of certainty that since I began drinking kava, my headaches have been just about non-existent. I never had a really bad time with them, but usually would have a headache maybe once a week. Not sure if it's a combination of time and kava, or just kava, but since I started drinking it, headaches have been more a figment of imagination than a reality. I'd say I have a headache maybe once every 3-4 months. Migraines run in our family really deep, too so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it's the kava.
That’s encouraging to hear that you’ve experienced a long-term reduction in migraines, and I’m sure, a relief for you. Hopefully I’ll have similar results as I had been averaging 1 migraine a week.