What's new

Any stay at home parents that drink Kava?

Rikki Marie

Kava Curious
I just started drinking kava within the past few weeks and as an anxious worry wart, it's been a real blessing. The first night I overdid it and drank about 8 shells but didn't feel much. The next day I was buzzing and felt magical all day. Now I've actually been chugging big cups while on my break at work, and it's completely improved my attitude while dealing with customers. The only thing that scared me is I felt a bit too euphoric and happy to be at work, it felt weird. I personally think it will help with your mood and dealing with your family.
Aaw, I'm glad it has worked for you! I keep hoping the delivery guy will knock on my door - haha! I can't wait for it to get here.

Rikki Marie

Kava Curious
Maybe I just missed it but the only shipping options were standard and priority. I would have chosen express if it had it, but oh well! Hopefully it doesn't take too long getting to me here in AR :)

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
You can check the status of your package. I've found priority gets here as fast or faster than the more expensive option(can't remember the name atm). The regular usps website has better information and will give you the date your package will arrive. It's always been right on target for me.

Rikki Marie

Kava Curious
You can check the status of your package. I've found priority gets here as fast or faster than the more expensive option(can't remember the name atm). The regular usps website has better information and will give you the date your package will arrive. It's always been right on target for me.
They didn't give me a tracking number, I guess they used USPS If you don't mind me asking, how long does it usually take for you to get your order after they say it has been shipped?

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
After they say it has been shipped , it usually takes a day or two for usps to actually recieve and ship it. I know kwk ships from Montana, so it may get to your state faster than Tennessee.The tracking number will be in a separate e mail from monsoon beverages

Rikki Marie

Kava Curious
Fiji loa waka is krunk city for me. I gave some to my girlfriend and she had a good time staring at the ceiling for 5 minutes lol. Very potent stuff but for my daily anxieties and mood lows i suggest ghk moi.
Thanks for the advice! I plan on making it pretty weak until I get a feel for how it affects me.

Rikki Marie

Kava Curious
I'm so excited! My KWK Loa Waka came in today! I made my first batch with 3 heaping tbsps. to 20 oz. warm water and about 4 oz. of milk. I let it steep for about 10 mins then kneaded and strained for almost 15 minutes until it finally felt gritty in the bag. I know it sounds weak but my sole purpose is to help ease anxiety throughout the day. It's cooling in the fridge right now! One question though, how long should I wait before drinking it - because the last time I ate was 2 1/2 hours ago? Like I've mentioned, I don't want to get "krunk," I just need it for easing my high strung mind and to lower my anxiety level. So I'm thinking of drinking small amounts throughout the day to achieve this, adjusting dosage as I see fit (God willing it works the first time I try it).

EQ

Atman
I'm so excited! My KWK Loa Waka came in today! I made my first batch with 3 heaping tbsps. to 20 oz. warm water and about 4 oz. of milk. I let it steep for about 10 mins then kneaded and strained for almost 15 minutes until it finally felt gritty in the bag. I know it sounds weak but my sole purpose is to help ease anxiety throughout the day. It's cooling in the fridge right now! One question though, how long should I wait before drinking it - because the last time I ate was 2 1/2 hours ago? Like I've mentioned, I don't want to get "krunk," I just need it for easing my high strung mind and to lower my anxiety level. So I'm thinking of drinking small amounts throughout the day to achieve this, adjusting dosage as I see fit (God willing it works the first time I try it).
Yeah if you are not going for a krunk try drinking half of that now. 1 tablespoon and a half heaped of loa waka can hit you well as it is a strong strain. If you want more feeling after 30 minutes drink the rest. Also what is key is it's more about how empty your stomach is than last food consumption. All with experience.

Rikki Marie

Kava Curious
Yeah if you are not going for a krunk try drinking half of that now. 1 tablespoon and a half heaped of loa waka can hit you well as it is a strong strain. If you want more feeling after 30 minutes drink the rest. Also what is key is it's more about how empty your stomach is than last food consumption. All with experience.
That was my biggest question, I've heard people say to drink it on an empty stomach - but I didn't know what kind of results they were looking for. I figured I'd try it in about 30 minutes, making it a full 3 hours since my last meal. That way if it's hits me, it won't be as "hard" as if I waited for my stomach to be completely empty.

Rikki Marie

Kava Curious
Maybe I just need to make it a little stronger for myself, but ended up drinking the whole thing to feel any type of calming effect...and I can tell you I feel less anxious and worried! It tastes way different then I expected. More grassy and a definite bitter/light pepper taste. I have all three boys swimming in the pool out back and although I'm very clear minded, I'm a lot less stressed than I normally would be in this situation! I have the second wash chilling in the fridge for after dinner, if I even need it. You all have been so supportive and I appreciate it so much. I will probably post another update tomorrow!

CactusKava

Phoenix, AZ
Kava Vendor
That was my biggest question, I've heard people say to drink it on an empty stomach - but I didn't know what kind of results they were looking for. I figured I'd try it in about 30 minutes, making it a full 3 hours since my last meal. That way if it's hits me, it won't be as "hard" as if I waited for my stomach to be completely empty.
I normally advise newbies to wait 3 or 4 hours since their last meal, but I personally don't follow that anymore. If I'm feeling slightly hungry (or super duper hungry), I know I'm ready for some kava. Welcome to the world of mellow vibes :)

Rikki Marie

Kava Curious
Pretty good stuff so far. After a couple hours in the sun/pool I am chugging water like a crazy person. It's 109 heat index here in Arkansas, and the Kava on top of that is definitely dehydrating! Nothing that is bothersome though...I understand what people are saying about "drink plenty of water" now.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
Glad you had a good experiene. The more you do it the more you learn how much you need for what effect. Kava is a diuretic so definetely drink plenty of water in that kind of heat. I would even drink some juice or sports drinks as well.