What's new

Anyone been to the Zend Conscious Lounge (kava bar) in Vancouver?

I've been curious about it, afaik it's the only kava bar in Canada and I've never gone to one before, but they mix their kava with a bunch of other things and they don't mention whether their kava is noble or tudei. They also don't seem to be endorsed/approved by any of the kava associations, but is there even one that covers Canada?

Tempted to try it anyway, just wondering if anyone has heard anything about it yet. :watching:

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
From Vancouver as well. I found them last year and lost interest very quickly when I saw the lack of information. The price tag, no matter how pure the kava, still made it a no go for me. The brand of their kava is Zend and that website has no info either. Let me know how it is

mdmace

Kava Curious
I've been following their Instragram. It really looks like they make their "zend" bottles using the kava syrup idea I've seen in the forums. They put 2oz of the "zend" in their drinks. They also seem to sell an extract. I'd be interested to know if they do an alcohol extraction or CO2 or something else...

Kris954

Kava Curious
Curiousity got the better of me, so I went there last time I was in Vancouver on business. It is not a traditional kava bar (from what I know of them, not having been to one), more of a vegan hipster venue that is probably better suited to a Vancouver crowd. I asked a few questions about their "Zend elixer"; I'm told that the Kava is sourced from Vanatu and processed locally, but didn't grill them too deeply, as I didn't want them thinking I was a CFIA inspector or something. I was also wondering if a 2 oz shot would have any effect at all, but figured, what the heck. It was thick and sweet and reminded me of KWK concentrate. And it felt right, just like when I have a shell of Kava that I prepare at home. Can't say much about whether it was heady or heavy, as I find that most kavas affect me the same, but after a second shot and one of their mixed drinks, I was feeling pretty mellow. And no ill feelings the next day. I'll probably go again next time I'm in Vancouver, though I admit I don't get out that way very often.