Change background image

Anyone here drink Kava first thing in the morning?

Discussion in 'Kava Lounge' started by Russell Caruso, Mar 4, 2019.

1. I do it very rarely. I stick to the headier kinds in the mornings for obvious reasons, but I was just wondering if anyone makes Kava a part of their daily morning ritual. How does it affect you?
    Intrepidus_dux likes this.
  2. Camaytoc

Camaytoc Kava Enthusiast

4 to 6 time a week, but with a small meal. Not weak grog but not strong one too.
    Russell Caruso likes this.
  3. novascot73

novascot73 New Member

I do. But it is the micronized kava. Every morning when I get up.
  4. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

When I first started drinking kava I would drink it in the morning, but over time I stopped and moved kava time to the evening. I think what killed it for me is I drank too much one morning and my eyes felt as if they were permanently crossed.
  5. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

6. Kojo Douglas

Kojo Douglas Kava Enthusiast

I always wake up and there’s still some Kava in my Tanoa
  7. readyman

readyman Member

I just made my wife her morning shell it helps her keep focoused while she plans her day I start my shell about noon really kava for me is good anytime though
  8. Camaytoc

Camaytoc Kava Enthusiast

Surprisingly, the more I'm consistent with my intake, the less dermo I get (and dermo for me is more about dry hands and some harsh skin, nothing that bad).
    I just came back from 7 days at Cuba without having more then one small session of micro in there. Back to Canada, me and my wife got only 2 days of dry hands when we were back at our normal intake. Now everything's back to normal. Hope that help!
  9. scaryjarri

scaryjarri Member

We start at about 11AM daily, which is still morning for us and when the work of the day is really beginning. Were terrible at getting up early even though we dont drink alcohol.
  10. FijiFreshKava

FijiFreshKava www.fijifreshkava.com Kava Vendor

I think kava in the morning is great! In fact, I will blend it with coffee and it helps to get me focused and wake up (not a morning person here). That said, I feel like the effects are stronger so I will use half my normal dose or risk crashing by lunchtime. Also, keep in mind that if you have had kava the night before then you won't need as much kava.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  11. Zaphod

Zaphod Kava Enthusiast

Very rarely, if at all. The only time I have it was for very specific reasons tied to an event that morning where I felt that the anxiety reducing effect would be extremely helpful. In general, I prefer heavy kavas to drain away my work day in the evenings an I let the shield effect linger through the next day versus drinking more.
    Krunkie McKrunkface and nabanga like this.
  12. ThePiper

ThePiper Kava Enthusiast

I do on the days that I work. Other than that i generally start sometime between 4-7pm. I only have about 1.5-2tbs before work and it hits me harder than other times of day. I also have to be careful not to use heady kava in the morning.
  13. Makes me feel too groggy as rule. I sometimes have a little heady kava in the day if i'm in the mood, but it's rare. Kava makes me want to lie down and chill!
    Intrepidus_dux likes this.
  14. Intrepidus_dux

Intrepidus_dux Kava Enthusiast

Same! I get a tad too lazy and don't do things. I used to drink during the day, but it was hindering my ability to get things done. I might do it if I were in an office job that wasn't micromanaged.
  15. KJ/P1X

KJ/P1X Game Developer at P1X

I'm new to the kava so this could change in the future but for now I'm drinking a little bit in the morning with the yerba mate.
    Starting with yerba is my routine for years now and I'm experiment with combining it with a kava (not literally, separate beverages).
  16. bogmonkey

bogmonkey Member

I love kava earlier in the day..not first thing though.
    I only drink kava on the weekends, so if I drink a "stiff" kava at 11am I am usually good for the rest of the day. I mostly drink only lateral root type kavas as well.
    I love to drink kava on Sunday mornings and spend the afternoon doing art, kava and painting go together incredibly well!
  17. Atticus

Atticus :)

Shells in the morning...shells during the day and shells at night. I have a portable Tanoa that I keep strapped around my neck. :)
  18. Krunkie McKrunkface

it's fine if you combine it literally, I've done that.
  19. Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Zac Imiola (Herbalist) Kava Enthusiast

A vendor actually used to sell a Yerba kava mix pre maid. The bombilla works good for kava. However the taste at 150 F is not the best for kava lol!
  20. Krunkie McKrunkface

I have only ever mixed kava with cold or room temperature mate. Always was fine when I did. Nothing i’d Really go out of my way for, but not at all unpleasant and the effect was nice.