What's new

ANYTHING that will settle my Kava stomach???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
I took a break from Kava for a while, and was smoking pot. So I've been drinking Kava again and I am just so sick! Like throw up in the shower sick :( What can I do to not feel this way after Kava, because it is very helpful for my alcohol cravings. Thanks for your help!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
For a natural solution with basically no side effects, try ginger. Get something with several grams of ginger in it, like Reed's Ginger Beer. You can also try benadryl (diphenhydramine), although it might make you a bit drowsy, even half a pill (~12.5mg) usually gets rid of any nausea I have.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
It wasn't happening when you were previously drinking kava ?
Are you on any medication it could be conflicting with ? Are you drinking Tudei kava ? Are you straining good enough or drinking a lot of gunk ? Are you drinking it too swiftly ?
I buy packets of ginger powder at the store and it helps tame nausea.
I hear weed works wonders for it too...you don't have to get totally ripped for it to counter act the nausea either.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
It wasn't happening when you were previously drinking kava ?
I actually had this happen to me. Drank kava when I had a cold, puked a bunch and ended up with a massive headache, and I couldn't drink kava without nausea from thereon until I took it with ginger a few times, then it went away. Must be a psychological thing.

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
No, I had worked past the nausea the first month, now it is like the first month again :/ I strain very well, sometimes their is a little mud left in the bottom. I just don't know, I will try some ginger tea I guess. I thought maybe the marijuana was doing something to the kava. Feeling this sick is really counterproductive to enjoying my kava lol.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
No, I had worked past the nausea the first month, now it is like the first month again :/ I strain very well, sometimes their is a little mud left in the bottom. I just don't know, I will try some ginger tea I guess. I thought maybe the m******** was doing something to the kava. Feeling this sick is really counterproductive to enjoying my kava lol.
maybe you're just starting from scratch again, since you quit for a while.
store bought ginger tea might help, or perhaps it's too mild.
I'd just keep it low and slow with your kava for a few days...til you build it back up.

StinkWeed

Kava Enthusiast
Lemon oil. 5-ht3 antagonist, like ginger kinda, only better.

Edit: This is how ondansetron (a pharmaceutical antiemetic) works as well.

Last edited:

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Ginger. Stay hydrated. Tums maybe. I usually just have to sit with it when it comes but mine is not as severe. Good luck!
Yes, He hit the nail on the head. I often use tums. Ill take about 5 tums, and drop them in the coffee grinder, and turn them to dust. Then Ill mix them with a little water. Then I slam my grog, and then slam my tums grog, for lack of a better word. It does wonders. Ginger? I have a big root of the stuff in my fridge. I find Ginger to make the problem worse. But it just may be me. Much Love Roaddog....

Jaynerd

Kava Curious
As a practicing herbalist, I whole heartedly recommend a tea made with fresh ginger, fennel, cumin, cardamon, and black pepper .

Drinking this along with your kava will fire up your digestive system and have a very strong carminitive effect on the intestines.. Allowing your digestion to dissolve any fibers better, move things along faster, and help reduce gas, bloating, and discomfort...

D

Deleted User01

@ShannyinSobriety . Like they said, you basically have to tell what us what kind of kava you are drinking and how you prepare it. Also, what other drugs are you taking on the same day? I will tell you quite frankly that I have never puked or gotten even an upset stomach from Kava. I do drink alcohol on my non kava days so I know what that is about. Smoking pot and then drinking Kava the next day should not be an issue. I have drank and smoked pot until I was senseless and I still never puked (when I was young like you). So there has to be some mitigating circumstance that is causing you to get sick. By the way, did you drink alcohol on the same day and then Kava so you wouldn't drink anymore?

Roaddog

Kava Who?
@ShannyinSobriety . Like they said, you basically have to tell what us what kind of kava you are drinking and how you prepare it. Also, what other drugs are you taking on the same day? I will tell you quite frankly that I have never puked or gotten even an upset stomach from Kava. I do drink alcohol on my non kava days so I know what that is about. Smoking pot and then drinking Kava the next day should not be an issue. I have drank and smoked pot until I was senseless and I still never puked (when I was young like you). So there has to be some mitigating circumstance that is causing you to get sick. By the way, did you drink alcohol on the same day and then Kava so you wouldn't drink anymore?
Yes I tend to agree. If anything, I find smoking MJ, helps.

I'm curious too looks like a cockatiel.
Yes, that is what I was thinking too. A cockatiel, I own a sun conure Parrot, that drives me nuts everyday, plus, countless farm foul. I guess I'm just into birds. Well really I'm just into all kinds of weird shit, I guess. Much Love Roaddog...

D

Deleted User01

Hey Roaddog, I didn't know that about you. :rolleyes: By the way, don't be a Bogart. :LOL:
Don't Bogart that Mahakea my friend, pass the bottle to me. Some Hawaiian Song.

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
So we went to Colorado and had bought some marijuana, enjoyed it very much but as soon as our Kava shipment came in I noticed that it tasted really bad-worse than normal lol and the stomach upset was awful. I've had it make me feel nauseous before, if I do smoke something afterwards it feels better, but I don't wan to really I want to enjoy Kava in it's personal glory. I don't drink alcohol at all for almost 2 years now. I usually knead 6 tablespoons non ISA to 6 cups milk, and it has always been perfect, until last week. i knead it in a pantyhose, and I had an iron stomach, but no longer. No other drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.