What's new

anything which prevents kava effect like medicines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilatari

Kava Curious
hi, i have drank kava a few times now but feel nothing. i am pretty sure i am doing it right but i read about the calcium channel - sodium channel effects and i take a calcium channel blocker already in metoprolol and i wonder if it's blocking the effect. thanks for guiding this newbie.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I used to get a good buzz from 1/4 cup medium grind kava. After I started taking Zoloft, it now takes three times that to feel the same effect.

nilatari

Kava Curious
wondering, i kept drinking and increasing the amount through the weekend and still nothing. i get a sense of what it could be like it seems, in theory....

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
What kind of kava are you drinking, how much root/water are you using, how are you prepping it and how big/how often do you drink your shells? What kind of effects are you expecting from it?

nilatari

Kava Curious
i am using wakacon lawena, and now am using about 12 tbsps and a cup of water and doing blender method and chinoise. about three or four times a day. i am expecting something but still am not noticing much. i might be starting to get a relaxed feel. it may be i started with a high tolerance. idk. i am working on the assumption that the tolerance will reverse. i am going to keep doing this a few times a day until the 1# is all gone. if i buy again i will get tongan family farm brand as suggested by mckrunkie. thanks for reading and taking the time. i don't take any meds though i do K@. i mean psychological meds. i do take a beta blocker though for blood pressure and migraines

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
Using 1 cup of water for 12 tbsp. might be the reason you are not feeling much. The kava powder needs more water than that in order to release its kavalactones. At a certain point, the water gets saturated and won't accept any more.

nilatari

Kava Curious
I used to get a good buzz from 1/4 cup medium grind kava. After I started taking Zoloft, it now takes three times that to feel the same effect.
what do you attribute that to? does kava have a serotonin effect? i don't take anything besides a beta blocker

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
i am using wakacon lawena, and now am using about 12 tbsps and a cup of water and doing blender method and chinoise. about three or four times a day. i am expecting something but still am not noticing much. i might be starting to get a relaxed feel. it may be i started with a high tolerance. idk. i am working on the assumption that the tolerance will reverse. i am going to keep doing this a few times a day until the 1# is all gone. if i buy again i will get tongan family farm brand as suggested by mckrunkie. thanks for reading and taking the time. i don't take any meds though i do K@. i mean psychological meds. i do take a beta blocker though for blood pressure and migraines
1 cup of water is not much for 12 Tbsp. About 2.5-3 cups would work better. Wakacon Lawena is also one of the weakest on the market.

The best way to actually feel the kava is to make a bowl and drink a shell every 15-20 minutes. With an empty stomach Kavain comes on very quickly but it doesn't last long so you need to contunue shelling until you're satisfied or the bowl is empty.

Being new to it, I would recommend trying something stronger, then making a batch and drinking it in the evening when you don't have anything important to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.