What's new

Back after 5 Years

Winterfr3sh

Kava Curious
Hi Everbody,
This is Tom from St. Louis, Missouri. This is my 2nd day drinking Kava after a 5 year break. I quit because I lost interest (Kava never had a noticeable effect).
But the past 2 days drinking Kalm with Kava samples, I am definitely liking it! I am a bit 'kava-fied' right now (is that a word?)

I am not using any other substances at the moment. I am 26 and consider exercise to be the best medicine (ran 4 miles before drinking my Kava tonight).
The purpose of this post is to introduce myself and start gather information about how other kava drinkers best enjoy and prepare the beverage. I am still figuring out how make the most out of each batch. Any tips or suggestions, send them my way!!

Peace!
Tom

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi Everbody,
This is Tom from St. Louis, Missouri. This is my 2nd day drinking Kava after a 5 year break. I quit because I lost interest (Kava never had a noticeable effect).
But the past 2 days drinking Kalm with Kava samples, I am definitely liking it! I am a bit 'kava-fied' right now (is that a word?)

I am not using any other substances at the moment. I am 26 and consider exercise to be the best medicine (ran 4 miles before drinking my Kava tonight).
The purpose of this post is to introduce myself and start gather information about how other kava drinkers best enjoy and prepare the beverage. I am still figuring out how make the most out of each batch. Any tips or suggestions, send them my way!!

Peace!
Tom
You seem to be doing just fine. Talk about what you really like about kava so far.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi Everbody,

Peace!
Tom
Welcome Tom! Glad to have you with us. Kavafied is actually the name of a vendor, but I'm sure he would absolutely love if we referred to it that way ;-)

Looks like you're on the right path. I drink 40 grams worth of borongoru traditionally prepped per night. No noticeable tolerance and I've been drinking at this level for about a decade. Also, no withdrawal when I need to take a break. Isn't kava awesome?

Winterfr3sh

Kava Curious
You seem to be doing just fine. Talk about what you really like about kava so far.
Hi Krunkie,
This is only my 2nd day of having a proper Kava experience. The thing I like most about it is the way it makes me feel social and relaxed. I also love the numbness and the warmth that lingers a couple minutes in my mouth and throat. Thus far, I have noticed a dramatic mood evaluation within 5 minutes of drinking it, followed by the urge to call my friends or go have an adventure and do something out of the ordinary.

I plan to restrict my Kava use to the evenings, after a workout. Aerobic exercise is my top priority, and I have found that taking substances (even antidepressants) interferes with my drive to exercise. The moment Kava negatively affects my exercise routine, is the moment I need to stop.

It is nice to have something to look forward to in the evenings.
What do you like about it?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi Krunkie,
This is only my 2nd day of having a proper Kava experience. The thing I like most about it is the way it makes me feel social and relaxed. I also love the numbness and the warmth that lingers a couple minutes in my mouth and throat. Thus far, I have noticed a dramatic mood evaluation within 5 minutes of drinking it, followed by the urge to call my friends or go have an adventure and do something out of the ordinary.

I plan to restrict my Kava use to the evenings, after a workout. Aerobic exercise is my top priority, and I have found that taking substances (even antidepressants) interferes with my drive to exercise. The moment Kava negatively affects my exercise routine, is the moment I need to stop.

It is nice to have something to look forward to in the evenings.
What do you like about it?
same things as you :)

I do drink kava before aerobic exercise, but only a small amount