What's new

Best kava for numbing pain

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I used 5 heaping tablespoon to 2.5 cups water for the couch ride and the melo I used around the same but strained it in the nylon then used a piece of the shirt to strain a lot of the sediment out

infraredz

BULA!
That would definitely account for the difference in potency then, because I would venture to say that they are pretty equal in terms of potency.

I'd recommend straining it to the point where there is a little bit of sediment left in the bottom of the bowl/mug but not to the point where it's gone completely. Then again, it depends on what you GI system can handle. The more sediment, the more potent but you also run the risk of the lingering effects, dermopathy, and GI discomfort.

Next time you try the Melo Melo, try 6tbsp if you plan on double-straining again and it should be about right. I've found that differing sediment amounts can account for 1-3 tbsps depending on how large the difference is. For example, if I toss and wash Nambawan (100% sediment), I only need 2tbsp. If I strain it with only 1 nylon stocking I need 5tbsp. If I strain it with 2 nylon stockings (doubled up) then I need 6tbsps.

CanAwa

That's a great tip ! I'm making a batch of mood and mind premium Vanuatu which was recently reviewed on the forum so I'm gonna try it your way here and see if it does the trick . Apparently it's similar to melo so hopefully I can hit a happy place !

infraredz

BULA!
Yeah, the more "heady" kavas will definitely have a more profound mental uplift than the "heavy" strains in my experience. In fact, if I'm feeling shitty and I have some heavy kava, it actually makes me feel worse (more depressed-like).

Some of the heady kavas will make you wanna get up and dance around to some music. Whether or not that music exists outside of your mind doesn't really seem to matter. :p

CanAwa

Haha ..well that sounds more like what I need ..I did feel a kind of depressed state from the couching for a few days after and don't think I want that kind of kava again ..I'm looking for mellow and relaxing kava that still let's you be social . I'm sure glad there are so many good people to guide us newbs through this . Kava Patch Kids !!! Coined !