What's new

Best kava on Amazon?? (answer quick please)

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
I liked the kava supreme by kavefield. What should i do next? loa waka by Kalm with kava or dua na Bilo? Or any other Amazon brands you have in mind?
Is there a reason that you are restricting your options to just Amazon? I love Amazon and buy almost everything there but buying directly from the many vendors is definitely the way to go. I tend to order larger quantities and there is a bit of a price difference from both especially with Kalm with Kava. The exception to this for me is I order Kava supreme from Amazon. Nothing wrong with it though just generally curious.

I remember Krunkie mentioning using wakacon. I still order it though Amazon due to the price for a lb being so low. To me it seems that the quality of their Kava has gotten much better with the packaging. It's not my favorite but it's definitely underrated.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Final report: well, I did something I didn't expect, I chased the dragon. I did, in fact, catch the dragon, on my third shell. Went for....... 4 TBS with a 2 TBS KWKc chaser and yeah, it worked. This is real kava, after all. There's certainly nothing wrong with it. It has a pleasant nutty, sweet odour when the bag is open, which is nice, because usually I can't bear the smell of kava and have to hold the bag away from my face as I scoop out the spoonfuls.

I firmy believe this Dua Na Bilo is high quality noble waka from Fiji. At low doses it was pleasant if very short lasting and mild and at the krunk dose, well, it got me pleasantly krunk. And then wore off after a reasonable amount of time but not too long. I can't think of a single thing wrong with this kava, it was very pleasant, it's real kava, went down fine, no unpleasant effects of any kind.

OTOH if this is better than Wakacon's waka I haven't yet found a reason why, except for the packaging and the smell of the grind. It looks nice, with small bits of roots, powder and some dark brown and black flecks. When I strain it I think there must be a lot of powder because there is less makas left than with the Wakacon, and I think more powder in my shell with the grog, which I left in the shell, as I always do, by simply not drinking the grotty dregs.

I'll see how the dreams are and how I feel tomorrow.

PS after downing the 4th and last shell of the night I will say that it does smell and taste better than the Wakacon waka and even on the 4th shell I felt no urge to gag, as I sometimes do with a 4th shell in one night of the Wakacon. Not sure why that is, but there it is.

And finally, about an hour after downing that last shell (which was 4 TBS makas plus a fresh TBS) I fell asleep in my chair while waiting endlessly for a YouTube video to load. Woke up maybe 20 minutes later and went to bed and slept very well with wonderful dreams. Woke up feeling great.

Last edited:

amaxonor

New member here, Hi everyone!, but I thought id chime in and ask something regarding Dua Na Bilo. Specifically, I have a 1/2lb coming in the mail but I thought I read somewhere that this cultivar was supposed to be heady and now I see everyone talking about couch lock lol I don't mind sedating because quite frankly I'm a bit of an anxious person but can experience really differ so much from what it's listed effects are?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
New member here, Hi everyone!, but I thought id chime in and ask something regarding Dua Na Bilo. Specifically, I have a 1/2lb coming in the mail but I thought I read somewhere that this cultivar was supposed to be heady and now I see everyone talking about couch lock lol I don't mind sedating because quite frankly I'm a bit of an anxious person but can experience really differ so much from what it's listed effects are?
Welcome!
Many heady kavas start that way and end in a relaxed bliss, so you can get a little from both worlds.

amaxonor

Welcome!
Many heady kavas start that way and end in a relaxed bliss, so you can get a little from both worlds.
Ahh so is it that the heavy effects come with higher dosages of the same strain or is it more that regardless of dose it will generally start out heady and then transition to heavy towards the end of the session?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Some kavas start out heavy or sedating and remain that way (depends on the strain or type), but the one you mentioned is mostly uplifting and euphoric. Fijian kavas tend to be like that.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I've since bought more Dua Na Bilo because I like it a lot and so especially do the women I know who drink kava. I think of it as a very femnine kava, and mostly it gives me warm mellow hugs. It's like comfortable shoes that make you feel lovely.

One thing I did notice is the package label is wrong. I got 1/2 lb packages, 227g, but it says a serving is 2 TBS, and there are 8 servings per package, but that would equate to 100g. Usually I find on average 100g root = 1 cup or 250 ml. So really there are 18 "servings" although that's kind of meaningless. I consume this stuff ina variety of serving sizes, from 2 teaspoons to 1 TBS to 2, 3, and 4 TBS at a time as a "serving" depending on the desired effect. And of course, ymmv.

amaxonor

I've since bought more Dua Na Bilo because I like it a lot and so especially do the women I know who drink kava. I think of it as a very femnine kava, and mostly it gives me warm mellow hugs. It's like comfortable shoes that make you feel lovely.

One thing I did notice is the package label is wrong. I got 1/2 lb packages, 227g, but it says a serving is 2 TBS, and there are 8 servings per package, but that would equate to 100g. Usually I find on average 100g root = 1 cup or 250 ml. So really there are 18 "servings" although that's kind of meaningless. I consume this stuff ina variety of serving sizes, from 2 teaspoons to 1 TBS to 2, 3, and 4 TBS at a time as a "serving" depending on the desired effect. And of course, ymmv.
Yeah I've seen a lot of people talking about how potent this stuff is. Luckily for me I tend to like the very subtle effects from my kava. I've only used it 6 separate times now, and happened to "break through" on my 3rd experience. The only stuff I've used it KWK's Borogu, and 2 table spoons actually gets me feeling pretty intoxicated so i've dialed it back to about 4 teaspoons and thats the sweet spot for me. Hopefully that continues to remain the sweet spot for a while as I will have 1/2lb bags last me quite a while at this rate!