What's new

Best Tasting Kava/Potent Kava

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I suppose I want to know what the mildest most potent kava is ? Love the effects hate the taste . What's your favorite?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Kavaboy's Tongan kava is the best tasting...I wouldn't call it potent though, except perhaps in the way of Kavain. The only other kava that tasted this mild and good, was Hawaiian Mo'i...KBR Tongan Pride tasted similar a couple batches ago but a bit more on the bitter side. I've never had Fu'u but it's probably in the same category.

Picking the most all around potent kava with the least offensive taste is harder...they're all pretty bad. Boroguru, Solomon & my Fiji waka aren't too bad though.

Stone used to seem the most wretched to me, until I tried a strong batch of Melo Melo.

CanAwa

I have to agree ..I had a wicked nasty batch of melo melo tonight ..it's effects are great but the taste is gag worthy ..so far my pk Fiji waka has been the most palatable

infraredz

BULA!
Fu'u and other Tongan kava (like shakas mentioned) are very mild and I've heard someone refer to them as the "milk of the Pacific". I personally couldn't tolerate the grind of the Fu'u but many can, and it's a very mildly tasting kava.

That being said, it's not the most potent so...

Nambawan. It is the most potent and also, the best tasting kava I've ever had. Other than the fresh frozen stuff from Paradise, I'm betting it's the closest you can get to the mild taste of fresh kava.

CanAwa

Fu'u and other Tongan kava (like shakas mentioned) are very mild and I've heard someone refer to them as the "milk of the Pacific". I personally couldn't tolerate the grind of the Fu'u but many can, and it's a very mildly tasting kava.

That being said, it's not the most potent so...

Nambawan. It is the most potent and also, the best tasting Ooookava I've ever had. Other than the fresh frozen stuff from Paradise, I'm betting it's the closest you can get to the mild taste of fresh kava.
I've read that I was just hoping there was something comparable to it that wasn't quite as pricey..and I'm not a fan of really fine grinds so far ..although I probably will try it

infraredz

BULA!
Fu'u is very fine, though now micronized although I heard it is slightly less fine nowadays.

Nambawan isn't fine at all. I actually just got some and it's a nice medium grind. Also, the potency definitely makes up for the price, as does the unparalleled effect-profile and taste.

D

Deleted User01

The best tasting and very potent kava is WOW N@H.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

D

Deactivated Account

I suppose I want to know what the mildest most potent kava is ? Love the effects hate the taste . What's your favorite?
Well.....there's dead buffaloes arse flavoured & dead wild boars arse flavoured.

Not a huge amount of variance from those 2 really.

CanAwa

I could never have imagined that in the pursuit of finding the perfect kava I would therefore have to learn about the effects of ambient temp and humidity on buffalo arse !

infraredz

BULA!
Seriously though, Nambawan is the answer to this question. Have I said how mild/fresh tasting and incredibly potent Nambawan is? What about how absolutely sublime the effects are?

Ahhhh, my precious. Hey, it makes watching the Oscars enjoyable! :joyful:

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
Seriously though, Nambawan is the answer to this question. Have I said how mild/fresh tasting and incredibly potent Nambawan is? What about how absolutely sublime the effects are?

Ahhhh, my precious. Hey, it makes watching the Oscars enjoyable! :joyful:

Can you remember what is the secret behind Nambawan? IIRC, Judd posted that it's a blend of Borogu, Boroguru and Melo Melo, but there is some special trick in the processing?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Well.....there's dead buffaloes arse flavoured & dead wild boars arse flavoured.

Not a huge amount of variance from those 2 really.
@nemo You forgot to mention my personal favorite: dead kiwi sheep arse. Doesn't have that gamy flavor as the other two. :)
(There's a dirty double entendre buried in there somewhere, but that was not my intent)

If I can't get that, then I'm going to have to agree with @infraredz and go with the Nabawan!!!
(The only thing that can make the Oscars enjoyable is a hemp necklace. :))
download.jpg

Last edited:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
It's gotta be Nambawan. Personally, I drink for effect and not taste. I pinch my nose, chug it and flush my mouth with water before letting go. When I do it right, I can't taste anything except numbness and bliss.

Can you remember what is the secret behind Nambawan? IIRC, Judd posted that it's a blend of Borogu, Boroguru and Melo Melo, but there is some special trick in the processing?
Judd did say they have some processing step they won't reveal, and it does have quite a unique smell/texture along with being extremely potent.

Alien

Kava Newbie
It's gotta be Nambawan. Personally, I drink for effect and not taste. I pinch my nose, chug it and flush my mouth with water before letting go. When I do it right, I can't taste anything except numbness and bliss.

Judd did say they have some processing step they won't reveal, and it does have quite a unique smell/texture along with being extremely potent.
Hello! I'm new here but wanted to reply to two things in your post. First, I agree completely about drinking for effect instead of taste. I haven't drank kava (yet) but when I do the taste won't be an issue. I have had to drink a lot of nasty things before (supplements and K@ come to mind but K@ was years ago and I would never take it again for its addiction potential) and that's what I do as well-- plug my nose then cleanse before letting go (though I don't have to physically hold my nose for this). Second, is Nambawan really just a mix of three of his other kavas? Doesn't that go against it's description on the site and, also, why would it cost a whole bunch more then assuming they'd just be using 1/3rd lateral roots from each of the three? Price would be the same, maybe throw in another dollar or two for the sorting troubles?

infraredz

BULA!
The reason for the price (IIRC) is the part of the blend that is the mystery kava that is processed in a very unique way which is what gives it the fresh taste and potency. Also, the price is reasonable when you consider that you need significantly less root than the three kavas that he mentions he blends in to make the Nambawan. For example, it takes me 9tbsp of Melo Melo to give me a good effect whereas it only takes 6tbsps of Nambawan