What's new

Best Tasting Kava/Potent Kava

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Alien (et. al), premium-level kava is paradoxically both better tasting and more potent because of the processing. Numbawan, WOW, and Special Reserve are the three brands I know.

What the processing does is remove as much "bark" as possible, leaving you with a product absorbed better and with less bitterness.

D

Deleted User01

The secret to Nambawan is the same for N&K WOW. They start with the choicest parts of the root and then they filter out every bit of unnecessary fiber. You end up with pure top shelf Kava. Do they use machines or humans hands? Ahhh, that is the puzzle. I'm bout ready to try some Nambawan and I may get some WOW in the process and compare the two. I'll bet the taste is very similar. My Easter present to myself (heh, heh, heh). o_O

P.S. Ya know what makes the Oscars enjoyable? Putting the TV on Mute and listening to an audio book. I got the short version in the newspaper this morning.

Alien

Kava Newbie
Thanks for helping me clear up what makes Nambawan special. I have been eyeing that product of his but would like to invest in some Melo Melo and Boroguru of his first. I will likely buy all three when the other two get back in stock just so I have the Nambawan available when I think I'm ready. Sort of like what I'm doing with Wow.

Side note-- Why isn't Chief's Jungle Kava available anymore? I see the site talking about it but when you follow the links to purchase it's nowhere to be found? Just curious.

D

Deleted User01

Funny you should ask. Just 2 days ago I left a message on their Web Site asking about Chiefs Jungle. I haven't got a reply yet but you never know when a vendor might have a limited supply and they may sell it to you if you beg....:D Go ahead and leave a message as well. Maybe one of us can get an answer. BTW I consider Solomons to be a Daytime Kava. You can drink it and do stuff, Melo Melo is like that too. Boroguru and WOW are more for chilling out on the couch so it looks like you will have Kava for every occasion.

Alien

Kava Newbie
Funny you should ask. Just 2 days ago I left a message on their Web Site asking about Chiefs Jungle. I haven't got a reply yet but you never know when a vendor might have a limited supply and they may sell it to you if you beg....:D Go ahead and leave a message as well. Maybe one of us can get an answer. BTW I consider Solomons to be a Daytime Kava. You can drink it and do stuff, Melo Melo is like that too. Boroguru and WOW are more for chilling out on the couch so it looks like you will have Kava for every occasion.
Thanks, I did as much research as possible in making my decisions on which to purchase. The Wow was purchased more or less for future use when I become more accustomed to the whole experience and effects. I probably would have purchased the Chief's Jungle instead but I have no regrets. That was some 3-4 days ago now when I made the purchase and noticed Chief's Jungle wasn't available though. There's a YouTube video of a young man consuming Chief's Jungle (which I should say I didn't enjoy) and at the end there's scrolling text where the poster says to contact her to purchase some. Maybe she somehow knows or knew it was going to be out of stock soon so she stocked up and is now reselling it?

infraredz

BULA!
Also, just you are making an informed decision, I'm almost certain that Cheif's Jungle is a tudei from my experience.

We didn't have the cool solvent test back then, but I would definitely say it's more of a tudei than Koniak is if that says anything...

D

Deactivated Account

Talking to locals in Vanuatu they all claim their particular island has the strongest however in general Penticost Island seems to get the most votes

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Talking to locals in Vanuatu they all claim their particular island has the strongest however in general Penticost Island seems to get the most votes
Swear I read Tanna somewhere. Maybe it was Andrew (Noble Kava) who told me that? The kava I bought from him was so yellow there was like a yellow resin coating on my hands after I got done kneading it.

D

Deactivated Account

Swear I read Tanna somewhere. Maybe it was Andrew (Noble Kava) who told me that? The kava I bought from him was so yellow there was like a yellow resin coating on my hands after I got done kneading it.
Oh yeah tanna is great but when it comes up in conversation I always ask local people & mostly they will say penticost. I think tanna lives on its mystique a bit.

Chris Gauthier

Kava Curious
Well, I just ordered some Nambawan today. Glad to hear it's nearly twice as strong as boroguru (which I also bought some more of) because the price has kept me reluctant in the past. I've just gotten into kava as the controversy around tudeis came up and I don't really care to try any until (if) more research clears it. I do, however, as anyone would, want the best bang/buck. Are Nambawan's effects better in any way? Or is it only a matter of needing less for the same effect?

infraredz

BULA!
The effects and taste are "better" although that can be subjective, especially regarding effects. I find it to be the perfect "heady" kava, most of which are too "uppity" for me whereas this one is extremely cerebral, yet not too simulating or sedating. Also, one of the best kava's I've had that has the best balance of euphoria and relaxation.

Also, definitely worth the price.

Chris Gauthier

Kava Curious
Cool cool. I really like the euphoric and muscle relaxant properties of kava. The way you all talk about it, I'm sure I'll be impressed. Thanks for the info. I think I'll go peruse some reviews.

infraredz

BULA!
It's not going to be as "heavy" feeling as other kava like Boroguru, Stone or tudei/ISA. Strangely though, in my experience, unlike other "heady" kavas which don't have any effects on the body, Nambawan seems to (albeit mild). I found it surprisingly good at treating musculoskeletal pain, especially along with Boroguru.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
It's not going to be as "heavy" feeling as other kava like Boroguru, Stone or tudei/ISA. Strangely though, in my experience, unlike other "heady" kavas which don't have any effects on the body, Nambawan seems to (albeit mild). I found it surprisingly good at treating musculoskeletal pain, especially along with Boroguru.
Now you've got me wondering what are a few that you think are totally "heady" ? I've tried all the above (except ISA) and now I'm wondering if I have yet to try a truly heady one.

infraredz

BULA!
I'd say Solomon Island is the "headiest" but in a negative way for me (it gave me jitters and anxiety) but it does have a very unique effect profile. Also, most Hawaiians I've tried (other than ISA) are pretty heady.

Melo Melo is too, and I found Fu'u to be less balanced than others have and so I'd call that one heady (IME).

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I'd say Solomon Island is the "headiest" but in a negative way for me (it gave me jitters and anxiety) but it does have a very unique effect profile. Also, most Hawaiians I've tried (other than ISA) are pretty heady.

Melo Melo is too, and I found Fu'u to be less balanced than others have and so I'd call that one heady (IME).
Thanks!! I have not tried Solomon or Melo Melo. If I had to pick one which do you recommend? I've also read that Kava's with Chemotypes high in Kavair give you a "Head" rush, but it's short lived. Has that been your experience with "Heady" Kava's?