What's new

Blender Method (as suggested by Realkava.com)

UmbrellaOps

Kava Curious
I purchased some of the 5 Star Kava from Realkava.com and it's absolutely excellent. I have been either using the strainer bag or using the Alubottle. After exploring their website, as well as the back of the Kava package, they claim the best way to prepare their kava is to mix 3 tbsp. of kava with 3 cups of water in a blender, then strain the kava through the strainer bag. The bag I have was bought through Wakacon.

What's everyone's experience with this method and what is your preferable method in general? 5 Star is particularly finely grounded. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

~~~Bula~~~

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
You can completely ignore any dosage recommendations from vendors. The reality of dosing kava is that it varies widely from person to person, kava to kava and depending on what kind of experience you’re looking for.

That being said, you can always try vendor recommended preparation suggestions if you’re curious. They might suit you, but I personally never use such a diluted dose as 3tbsp in 3 cups...I’d never use less than 5 or 6 Tbsp and most often use 8+ Tbsp. The blender isn’t really important until you wanna blend whole kava roots.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I mostly blend and the only thing I would add to that is half a cup of milk.

UmbrellaOps

Kava Curious
You can completely ignore any dosage recommendations from vendors. The reality of dosing kava is that it varies widely from person to person, kava to kava and depending on what kind of experience you’re looking for.

That being said, you can always try vendor recommended preparation suggestions if you’re curious. They might suit you, but I personally never use such a diluted does as 3tbsp in 3 cups...I’d never use less than 5 or 6 Tbsp and most often use 8+ Tbsp. The blender isn’t really important until you wanna blend whole kava roots.
I hear you on the amount. I would use more tbsp but that 5 star isn’t cheap haha. I think I will try the strainer again tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
The only thing with a blender is are you grinding the mskas so smal they get through thr strainer?

scaryjarri

Kava Curious
I made a big batch in the ninja after seeing this. We shake several alu balls a day and it gets old. After making the roh fresh< i figured why not try dry blender kava.

I used heaping 6tbls in about 48 oz of water and it was string as hell and very good. I made a blend of a few different kavas.

When I strained it was about a qt of strong kava that had to be strained thru a larger holed bag, then a finer one. Then seocnd whirl was good too.

I think we consumed a little too much fine root but we could have strained it further.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I purchased some of the 5 Star Kava from Realkava.com and it's absolutely excellent. I have been either using the strainer bag or using the Alubottle. After exploring their website, as well as the back of the Kava package, they claim the best way to prepare their kava is to mix 3 tbsp. of kava with 3 cups of water in a blender, then strain the kava through the strainer bag. The bag I have was bought through Wakacon.

What's everyone's experience with this method and what is your preferable method in general? 5 Star is particularly finely grounded. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

~~~Bula~~~
Instructions on vendor bags are delightful comic fiction but for entertainment purposes only imo

Like shakas says, find what you like and works for you and do that. But they can’t print that on the bag.