What's new

Kava FAQ Borogu vs. Borongoru Effects

Esoteric

While aware of the general guideline answer to this question I’ve yet to see an in-depth post discussing the difference in mental and physical effects of the two strains. What are your personal preferences/stories? I have specific questions as well.
  • I often hear how borongoru creates a “warm blanket” feeling. What physical effects can borogu provide?
  • I’ve heard both can provide some euphoria in their own ways. How would you describe the difference?
  • How does each strain aid in stress/anxiety relief and sleep?
  • So far I’ve only tried micronized borogu and find the taste brutal. Do you find borongoru (specifically micronized) better or worse? How so?
  • Krunkiness?

Last edited:

Skywalker

Kava Enthusiast
Boroguru is kind of like the bud light of kava. You’re not going to get krunk but you’ll enjoy it all the same.

IMHO of course.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Well, there is a difference between borongoru and boroguru. Borongoru would be considered heavier than borogu, which seems to vary quite a bit between vendors but usually is closer to the heady end of balanced. What I would love to see is a vendor sourcing some strong boroguru again because that was always effective when it was more commonly sold (before 2015). I'm guessing @Skywalker is referring to Borongoru in the post above because I remember Boroguru as being a very good heavy kava.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Boroguru is kind of like the bud light of kava. You’re not going to get krunk but you’ll enjoy it all the same.

IMHO of course.
This new batch of boronguru is stronger than most. Its as strong as the previous batch of borogu imo (a great batch too.)

Boronguru tends to feel more mellow and sleep oriented while borogu is like a mix of mellow and energizing.

Boronguru almost always has a smoother flavor than borogu from KWK at least. KWK borogu tends to be very spicy/earthy/peppery which I actually like in a kava sometimes but boronguru is milder and creamier with a little woodiness in some batches.