What's new

Borogu

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Well I just squeezed up a batch. One cup of kava to three cups water. I am also making a seconds run from the same kava with two cups of warmer water. It looks and smells nice. Like coffee with a little cream. A slight greenish golden hue is also present. Smells earthly and chalky. Like the soil around the base a pine tree in a pine forest. It isn't necessarily piney smelling. That is just the image that it evokes in my mind. I am now squeezing up the second run batch and will then chill the first run and slam a shell. Get back at ya soon!

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Alright, I cracked some ice cubes and chilled down my kava. I hate to say it but compared to Melo Melo this kava tastes like a dream! Creamy, earthy chalk, with just a hint of pepper. Goes down smooth with no gag reflex. I do believe I can drink this stuff with no hesitation or pre-bula anxiety. I also love the way that kava affects me. Even though I just drank a shell of no more than 5-6 oz. I immediately feel no anxiety and I mean as soon as it is down my throat. Not sure if that is a placebo or not. Anyway, I didn't make this batch very strong but so far so good! Will have another shell here in 5 mins and after that I will be staggering between the first and second run kavas. It's my theory that it makes the kava go farther and last longer. Probably all in my head though! (y)

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
So after two big shells of the first run(counting two initial smaller shells as one large) and two big shells of the second run I can say for certain that this is a heady kava. I am relaxed for sure, muscles are definitely relaxed but no heavy body buzz. Unfortunately as of right now there is no euphoria but we will see after another shell. Definitely feel it behind the eyes. Fishbowl style. Time is moving very quickly. Overall enjoyable. I think I may need some time to work with this kava to find a sweet spot in terms of dosage and rate of ingestion. I am hungry so doesn't appear to sate the appetite like Koniak and Melo Melo did. May or may not be a good thing.

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
So I stood up after typing that last entry and wow! Definitely full swing now. I'm back down a little bit from then but still going pretty strong. A slight krunked feeling. Not too bad though. Gonna go drink a little more now!

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
Definitely a good buy for sure. On a side note. The krunked feeling subsided quickly and was left feeling nicely kava'd out. Once I had a couple bites of food the effects increased pretty substantially. Anyone else experience this?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This increase in effects after eating once you've consumed kava is pretty well known in the kava culture. Happens to me every time I eat something greasy after my kava. I'm no scientist but I believe food acts as an emulsifier for any kava leftover in your GI tract. There also may be some evidence that eating just generally increases your digestive rate and ups your kava experience by rushing the kavalactones to your blood stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.