What's new

Borongoru with Kalm Concentrate and Water

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I went the all Borongoru route tonight, with Kalm Borongoru and Kalm Concentrate mixed 1:7. But not all together in one bucket.

I soaked 3/4 cup of Borongoru in 3 cups of water and brewed the usual way. Steeped in warm water for 15 minutes (especially with this grind, as it's pretty coarse) and then into the bag for another 15 minutes of kneading with a second and third wash.

I had my four-ish shells of Borongoru and got the dopey grin and great inner calmness that I've come to expect. Then, as maintenance, I continued to drink the concentrate with water once every 45 minutes or so (as it worked out) and it's brilliant. A very uplifting feeling, very chatty, easy to laugh and relaxed most of all.

This is a good combo, and leads you to hydration which is key. Keep drinking the water. This stuff does dehydrate more than I expected.

It's a very pleasant way to spend the tail end of the evening and drift off to bed relaxed.

Sean D.

Kava Enthusiast
Borongoru is one of the "heavier" kavas I've tried so far. Both very sedating and muscle relaxing. It's also one of the hardest to down in terms of taste, so I suspect you found a good combo.

mitchwFSU

Kava Curious
I went the all Borongoru route tonight, with Kalm Borongoru and Kalm Concentrate mixed 1:7. But not all together in one bucket.

I soaked 3/4 cup of Borongoru in 3 cups of water and brewed the usual way. Steeped in warm water for 15 minutes (especially with this grind, as it's pretty coarse) and then into the bag for another 15 minutes of kneading with a second and third wash.

I had my four-ish shells of Borongoru and got the dopey grin and great inner calmness that I've come to expect. Then, as maintenance, I continued to drink the concentrate with water once every 45 minutes or so (as it worked out) and it's brilliant. A very uplifting feeling, very chatty, easy to laugh and relaxed most of all.

This is a good combo, and leads you to hydration which is key. Keep drinking the water. This stuff does dehydrate more than I expected.

It's a very pleasant way to spend the tail end of the evening and drift off to bed relaxed.
@Steve Mariotti was the concentrate water ratio 1:7?

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Good deal. I've meant to order some of that, just keep getting sidetracked.
1oz to 7oz amounts to a weak shell... it's not full strength but it's very drinkable. I probably do 1oz to about 10 oz of water, but I like drinking it. It's tasty and with ice, refreshing on a warm day or after physical labor. It definitely gets you there, though, if you apply yourself. And it's worked to extend the effects of some traditional prep stuff too. It's the real deal, no question. I've been rooted through judicious application at an appropriate schedule.

I do recommend it. There's some surcralose in there, but that's the most tolerable of the sugar substitutes for me. It doesn't bother me like aspartame. Things like mannitol are mayhem in the nether yay-yahs.