What's new

Bottled Kava

D

Deleted User01

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I have been bottling Kava for a year now and I have kept it in the fridge for up to 4 weeks and it is still very, very good. I just did (2) 16 oz bottles of Solomons this morning. I still have (1) 16 oz of Melo and 8oz of Boroguru/Koniak in the fridge. I have enough variety in my fridge to suit my every whim. Plus the excellent instant from Chris at Gourmet when I'm too lazy to go downstairs to grab a bottle. Life is good.

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
I do it fairly often, if only because the alternative is to leave kava in my bowl overnight and it tastes bad. Bottled kava does OK for me,until it starts to settle - and then it's awful!

I did get "takeaway kava" in the Solomon Islands once:

I think this bottle cost about USD10 (will go back and check). Given that it's by far the strongest and most heady euphoric kava I've ever laid my hands on, I would frankly pay quite a lot more for a bottle of this! Incredible value for money. Tasted OK too.

View attachment 212
Nemo pig, are you as bemused as me by this phantom post of yours?!

D

Deactivated Account

Nemo pig, are you as bemused as me by this phantom post of yours?!
Ha thats pretty wierd ?? Wonder if its something to do with the server change over ?

Sort of like a 'server stroke'

D

Deleted User01

Headhodge. I have never had any other instant except the one from Gourmet. I also had their micronized which is a little gritty. Everyone is concerned about ingesting powder with the Micronized but I use it for special purposes. For example. 1.5 tablespoons to help my Tendonitis when I washed and waxed the car over the weekend. Pretty cool with the music blaring. Time flies when you are having fun. I will be taking the instant with me this week on a trip. Not when I'm driving (long trip) but when I arrive.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Judd, if you were to offer bottled kava beverage I would purchase. Also I would probably throw in on a started project if need be. This continent needs a good source of small scale commercially available, yet powerful kava beverages.

D

Deactivated Account

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I have been bottling Kava for a year now and I have kept it in the fridge for up to 4 weeks and it is still very, very good.
Yep, i def agree with JM although i have not the ability to leave kava alone but most certainly it refridgerates very well (& freezes great too im told by very experienced kava drinkers) To me its like a packet of M&Ms, you just know the packet is doomed from opening.

I put 600ml of fresh in the fridge last night about 8pm & its absolutely great this morning…tastes a whole lot better cold too.

BULABUCK

ROOTLYFE.
:D
How's this for bottling? My local kava bar sells growlers of kava. Growlers are typically 64oz, but I haven't been over there to sample the product yet, as their powder is a little pricey at $106.00/kilo.
Hey i go there