What's new

brand new to kava

Kay

I found a kava bar in my city two days ago and purchased the kava powder. I'm really enjoying the relaxing effects. I didn't think to ask the owner what kind of kava it was or where it's from. Should I? She has been in business in the same location for 4 years and has great reviews online. Thanks

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
It's always good to know where a kava comes from and also importantly what variety it is. Another important thing is to find out if the kava powder you're consuming is of noble varieties. Some kavas are single origin but blends are also common. The importance of noble varieties is that it takes disregard of common sense to get sick from noble kava while many non-noble kavas can have less desirable effects from (copious) consumption of it. It's hard to exercise caution with non-noble kava when you don't know what you're working with. If your package of kava doesn't spell out for you what you're drinking, don't be afraid to ask the vendor what you bought from them.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
Welcome to the forums! If it were me I’d like to know more about the product simply due to the fact that there is quite a variety of different kavas as far as effects, strength, and even flavor. It’s not like alcohol where you get just one effect essentially. Knowing what you are consuming will greatly assist yourself in finding what suits you the best. There are some here that don’t care for certain chemotypes because they don’t do much at all for them while the next person may knock them out!

I’d recommend perusing the forums as you may already have done to learn more about Kava in general. Sounds like you are enjoying it so far, good luck on the journey!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I found a kava bar in my city two days ago and purchased the kava powder. I'm really enjoying the relaxing effects. I didn't think to ask the owner what kind of kava it was or where it's from. Should I? She has been in business in the same location for 4 years and has great reviews online. Thanks
you'll want to know so you can buy some again, I guess.