Change background image

Buveurs de Kava, quick glance

Discussion in 'Member's Videos' started by Krunkie McKrunkface, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Krunkie McKrunkface

Krunkie McKrunkface Kava Enthusiast

2. Alia

Alia 'Awa Grower/Collector

What a very thoughtful thing to do! Mahalo to you. I have the book and have had one other French speaking person share some of it with me.
    E wehe i ka umauma i ākea.
  3. Krunkie McKrunkface

I was just figuring some people who had never seen it before would like a peek so at least they know what it looks like and get a feel for it. I'll happily translate the whole thing, though, for $85,000. Of course, if you have 17 buddies and split the costs it would only be $5,000 each.
  4. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

I could handle a Bislama version but French escapes me. A beautiful language, though.

Plus if I get one Bislama or English version, garuantee can write da kine pidgin translation for Hawaiʻi guys. @Alia you going have fo hando da ʻŌlelo version. Chee!
    Alia likes this.
  5. kasa_balavu

kasa_balavu Yaqona Dina

6. kasa_balavu

kasa_balavu Yaqona Dina

7. Henry

Henry . Moderator The Kava Society of New Zealand

A wonderful book. I got a copy from my university's library (after putting in a request for them to order it haha) and keep renewing it. Curiously, there's surprisingly little interest in this book and I happen to be the only one reading it ;)
  8. Krunkie McKrunkface

Big revelation for me was the section on taste, and how big a consideration. I understand it now and love the taste, but for newbs it is still weird, like watching Doug on YouTube slurping away with a grin and wondering “how does he DO that?!?!?!!??”
    kastom_lif likes this.
  9. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

There are people walking among us who have superpowers.
    Idgie and Krunkie McKrunkface like this.
  10. nashfire

nashfire Stay Rooted

Wow! Thanks for this Krunkie! Wish I was rich And could speak french....but mostly the rich thing ;) Bula!
  11. Krunkie McKrunkface

If I were rich, i’d Be trying to do what i’ve Always done, only it would be harder, because I were rich.