What's new

Can we vaporize kava root?

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
By now, we all know that kavalactones are vape-able, but the problem is that noble clouds (the only reputable Kava e liquid manufacturer), only has three strains to choose from. Would it be possible to vape kavalactones from the kava root itself?

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I saw a video on youtube of people vaping different things in a certain model of vape. I know nothing of vape and they didn't show them pack it, but they smoked kava out of it and I think they had medium grind. It wa some kind of vape you could smoke dry stuff in :) I will try and find the video later. I was just youtubing kava videos and it popped.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Don't know about vaping, but I once tried smoking medium grind, rolled into a ciggy with some shredded mullein
leaf to hold it in place.

The smoke was absolutely DREADFUL, and tasted HORRIBLE. I would never do it again.
Maybe vaping will work better -- it surely can't be any worse than smoking it.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I have been giving this subject serious thought for some time, I am an avid vaper and have been mixing my own nic and juice for years, I have been thinking about experimenting with a PG base for extraction, I am thinking instant is the way to go. I have had some success in the past making my own extractions for other flavors, I was thinking of trying something with Moi instant, I think 100 grams should wield a nice batch.

Last edited:

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
Let us know how that goes, WP. That video appears to show some potential, but hard to say what the vapers' experience was really like.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yeah there are other extraction methods, but I don't want to use alcohol..we'll see, I have a process in mind. ;)

The Noble clouds version is quite good..., but I want to try and make a true one puff krunk lol.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
Yeah there are other extraction methods, but I don't want to use alcohol..we'll see, I have a process in mind. ;)

The Noble clouds version is quite good..., but I want to try and make a true one puff krunk lol.
I'm not sure I understand the superstition of making alcohol tinctures. I mean, so what if alchohol extracts stuff that isn't in traditional prep. Micro kava, which is essentially glorified toss n wash, packs 100% of the chemicals that kava has to offer, but no one (yet) seems to have serious health problems with it, and yet, alcohol extraction is the one that gets demonized.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I'm not sure I understand the superstition of making alcohol tinctures. I mean, so what if alchohol extracts stuff that isn't in traditional prep. Micro kava, which is essentially glorified toss n wash, packs 100% of the chemicals that kava has to offer, but no one (yet) seems to have serious health problems with it, and yet, alcohol extraction is the one that gets demonized.
I am not demonizing it, it's just my preference.