What's new

Carbs in Kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

love2driveinct

Kava Enthusiast
This was very interesting to me. I’ve been Keto for about a year with no plans to go back to my old, high-carb ways. Although I know kava will certainly be better for weight loss than a glass of wine, I think it’s wise for me to be wary before jumping in with both feet and consuming large amounts. Thank you both for your experiments and reporting back.

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I tend to hover in the 128-132 range, at the lowest it's dipped a pound or two under at points during the Summer. In winter I always gain a little cause I'm less active and eat more. It's not too noticeable in how body looks outside of a bit more belly to me. I don't even pay much attention to it, that would stress me out too much. I haven't noticed a change with kava in my weight. I'm high card but no animal products, I need to lessen them still but I'm too worried. Not like it's summer time and I'm more self conscious about my body, I get far more exercise then too.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
This was very interesting to me. I’ve been Keto for about a year with no plans to go back to my old, high-carb ways. Although I know kava will certainly be better for weight loss than a glass of wine, I think it’s wise for me to be wary before jumping in with both feet and consuming large amounts. Thank you both for your experiments and reporting back.
I can’t speak for everyone’s situation but using traditionally prepared Kava doesn’t seem to have any impact on weight gain for me. By using micro you are ingesting the carbs directly. I’m sure there’s a certain amount that gets through traditional prep but I doubt it’s very significant.

I eat a fairly crazy diet though during the week especially if I’m trying to loose weight. I typically have a large salad loaded with veggies, spirulina/chlorella for added vitamins and protein at lunch. Then I’ll just drink Kava at night, might have a few chips or nuts after but that’s all. The weekend typically consists of me eating whatever I feel like. I probably fall under an extreme though. But I get the necessary nutrition albeit at a large calorie deficit. Might be light on carbs but maybe that’s what the Kava is for ;)

But you are absolutely right. You will just have to see how your body reacts. The potential is there but from what I see seems to be related to root content congested.

Status
Not open for further replies.