What's new

Cautiously optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Got Pouni Ono and 24 Wave.
I don't hide that the last two bags of Pouni Ono were just not that great. I also don't hide it's useful to give both Critical, Postive or something in the middle comments.
Giving Pouni one more chance. Got it from Amazon. For what ever reason this current bag has a nutmeg and spicy flavor. More refreshing and upbeat cleaner smooth gentelER thing compared to what I got directly from KWK. Just had 3 small cups yesterday, as I was beyond exhausted didn't want to be to energized. It's been a relatively long week. Hunting for another job. Counsouly working to get the deit in order. Zumba 3 days a week+gym and tried out a TaiChi Class Thursday (8AM). That class not my thing. The instructor was prickly. It's was 4 people, in a small grass area. And he doesn't do much to describe the first set of steps. As I found out he hates people asking questions etc. All that after a 2+ year depressed spell was strangely both refreshing and exhasuting. Not surprising.

So a nice treat to have fun on friday turned out to be what the doctor called for.

24 Wave. Only had two small cups. A fruity, vanilla, nutmeg flavor. Much smoother, lighter, and gentler compared the Pouni. But their entirely different things. At that time hit the spot with a little of this and little of that. Didn't make it all that strong though (2tbs in i'd guess about 1.5 cups of water.)

Both in a separate simple Rubbermaid type of cups the Kind you might use to keep candy safe trom bugs, or store left overs in the refridgerator. Seeled and shook them a ton. Let them sit for about 20-30 minutes or so. Tried the Pouni first. Better than the last bag. I am..cautiously optimistic now. Good thing. Weirdly I'm conflicted on what I think of a bit weaker strength compared to past years. On balance might be good. Because then the downsides to Kava might not be as bad. And it makes it a little less likely to over do it accidentally.

Question: How many others find with Tongons (the energizing kinds) Coffee sometimes doesn't sit right or is a little two energizing? That's new for me. Might also just be the low quality coffee. I'm not huge on coffee. But now I notice some of the dark roasted hi acid stuff just bad. I have no idea if that's do the coffee, or a new anti-depressent med I'm trying on, and or Kava.

Question: I found probiatic drinks after a bunch of kava feels...better than average. Does anyone know if that's from Kava I am finding Keffer, OR Apple Juice is hitting the spot a lot more than it used to. Just curius if that's from Kava and or being awware of my body being out what and it needing what ever is apples, fruits vegis etc. I know it's not a deit and nutriction forum
On other hand if Kava uses more than average stuff found in fruits, vitamin water it'd be good to know so I can keep that in stock

And last question: I am at huge risk now for Diabetese. Alas adult onset diabetes runs in the family. Would it be a good idea to double check if that's problematic with Kava. I don't want to be on diabetic meds. But basicaly everyone on the Welsh side has it.No idea why, even though they had fantasticly good deits. On the other hand if despite a drastic change up in and diet I get whacked what that, be a good idea to find out now if that's a good, bad or neutral thing with kava. I am going in next week to get a whole lot of blood work done...possible. What I'm driving at is theirs early warning symptoms alas alas I may be developing it. While it'd be bad if it goes their. be good to know if common meds to manage pancreatic issues conflict with Kava. It could be neutral and it also could be: well we just don't know!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Got Pouni Ono and 24 Wave.
I don't hide that the last two bags of Pouni Ono were just not that great. I also don't hide it's useful to give both Critical, Postive or something in the middle comments.
Giving Pouni one more chance. Got it from Amazon. For what ever reason this current bag has a nutmeg and spicy flavor. More refreshing and upbeat cleaner smooth gentelER thing compared to what I got directly from KWK. Just had 3 small cups yesterday, as I was beyond exhausted didn't want to be to energized. It's been a relatively long week. Hunting for another job. Counsouly working to get the deit in order. Zumba 3 days a week+gym and tried out a TaiChi Class Thursday (8AM). That class not my thing. The instructor was prickly. It's was 4 people, in a small grass area. And he doesn't do much to describe the first set of steps. As I found out he hates people asking questions etc. All that after a 2+ year depressed spell was strangely both refreshing and exhasuting. Not surprising.

So a nice treat to have fun on friday turned out to be what the doctor called for.

24 Wave. Only had two small cups. A fruity, vanilla, nutmeg flavor. Much smoother, lighter, and gentler compared the Pouni. But their entirely different things. At that time hit the spot with a little of this and little of that. Didn't make it all that strong though (2tbs in i'd guess about 1.5 cups of water.)

Both in a separate simple Rubbermaid type of cups the Kind you might use to keep candy safe trom bugs, or store left overs in the refridgerator. Seeled and shook them a ton. Let them sit for about 20-30 minutes or so. Tried the Pouni first. Better than the last bag. I am..cautiously optimistic now. Good thing. Weirdly I'm conflicted on what I think of a bit weaker strength compared to past years. On balance might be good. Because then the downsides to Kava might not be as bad. And it makes it a little less likely to over do it accidentally.

Question: How many others find with Tongons (the energizing kinds) Coffee sometimes doesn't sit right or is a little two energizing? That's new for me. Might also just be the low quality coffee. I'm not huge on coffee. But now I notice some of the dark roasted hi acid stuff just bad. I have no idea if that's do the coffee, or a new anti-depressent med I'm trying on, and or Kava.

Question: I found probiatic drinks after a bunch of kava feels...better than average. Does anyone know if that's from Kava I am finding Keffer, OR Apple Juice is hitting the spot a lot more than it used to. Just curius if that's from Kava and or being awware of my body being out what and it needing what ever is apples, fruits vegis etc. I know it's not a deit and nutriction forum
On other hand if Kava uses more than average stuff found in fruits, vitamin water it'd be good to know so I can keep that in stock

And last question: I am at huge risk now for Diabetese. Alas adult onset diabetes runs in the family. Would it be a good idea to double check if that's problematic with Kava. I don't want to be on diabetic meds. But basicaly everyone on the Welsh side has it.No idea why, even though they had fantasticly good deits. On the other hand if despite a drastic change up in and diet I get whacked what that, be a good idea to find out now if that's a good, bad or neutral thing with kava. I am going in next week to get a whole lot of blood work done...possible. What I'm driving at is theirs early warning symptoms alas alas I may be developing it. While it'd be bad if it goes their. be good to know if common meds to manage pancreatic issues conflict with Kava. It could be neutral and it also could be: well we just don't know!
Yes to the first two questions (just drank some bubbling fermented kimchi juice with a shell and yes, heavenly). As to diabetes, I am not aware of any relationship of kava to diabetes positive or negative.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
@gork I can give you some info on the last question, at least how it relates to me. For different reasons, I am in that pre-diabetic range and over the last three years of regular consumption, I haven't noticed any increase, if anything it actually lowered it a bit.

Of course doing the blood work as you mentioned is the best way to know for sure.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
@gork I can give you some info on the last question, at least how it relates to me. For different reasons, I am in that pre-diabetic range and over the last three years of regular consumption, I haven't noticed any increase, if anything it actually lowered it a bit.

Of course doing the blood work as you mentioned is the best way to know for sure.
Thanks apreciate that. Hopefully bloodwork gives some ideas if their's still something wrong, and if so what can be done to fix it.
Just think it's better to ask questions about weird stuff just in case.

tarragon

Kava Curious
Thanks apreciate that. Hopefully bloodwork gives some ideas if their's still something wrong, and if so what can be done to fix it.
Just think it's better to ask questions about weird stuff just in case.
This isn't a health forum, but since I know how you can prevent yourself from getting diabetes, I can't not tell you. But, you might not want to hear it. They now know that diabetes is caused by eating saturated fats found in animal products. If you were to adopt a whole foods plant based diet you would have a really good chance of avoiding full blown diabetes. Apparently, the fats prevent the insulin from functioning properly so the pancreas keeps pumping out more and more insulin til it finally gets so fatigued, it just up and quits. You can find a whole bunch of videos on youtube about it at nutritionfacts.org or look up Dr.Michael Greger. He's the guy who wrote the book called "How Not To Die".

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Regarding the diabetes...it’s my understanding that the onset is slow and it usually starts with hypoglycemia. Hypoglycemia is a difficult and expensive blood test. If hypoglycemia is well managed by whatever diet you choose, then it may be possible to avoid the diabetes. I have hypoglycemia and a lot of my anxiety and mood problems have been eliminated by eating 6 times a day. Three small meals and two small snacks. I try to eat less carbs overall and focus on complex carbs. The rest is up to you. Veggies certainly won’t hurt.

Good job on the gym day!

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Regarding the diabetes...it’s my understanding that the onset is slow and it usually starts with hypoglycemia. Hypoglycemia is a difficult and expensive blood test. If hypoglycemia is well managed by whatever diet you choose, then it may be possible to avoid the diabetes. I have hypoglycemia and a lot of my anxiety and mood problems have been eliminated by eating 6 times a day. Three small meals and two small snacks. I try to eat less carbs overall and focus on complex carbs. The rest is up to you. Veggies certainly won’t hurt.

Good job on the gym day!
Thanks Re: Gym! It's a process! Last year about this time I was almost 300 pounds. Now around 246. LOL so my sweats don't fit. That's a good problem to have! Weirdly my sweet tooth isn't so hyper active from snacking with fruits, vegitables or penuts.

Thanks again!

gork

Kava Enthusiast
As to Pouni Medium. A weird one. The two solid bags I got have been from Amazon. I have no idea what the difference is. One side I am using an extra 1/2 to 1 tbs to get a nice funsy silly place. I'd rate it a solid 3 to 3.5 gems out of 5. Over all.
The current bag is smoother and tastest Frag'n Awesome. So I am cautiously optimistic on the Kava side
I am also finding it mixes fantastically with 24 wave a small amount of the 24 wave and yuge amount more of the Pouni.

And thanks again guys for ideas on managing Hypoglycemia. As I said: before it's just better to ask. Like my AntiDepressent says: DO NOT DRINK BEER! It is a dangerous mix. So I don't drink beer while on it.
For Kava. I asked because: I thought well it might be not do anything good bad, or in the middle. On the other hand it'd be better to ask.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Oh follow up questions:
We're trying Zoloft. Is that safe with Kava? the Practioner's rearch said some Kava's give it more umpf, but also might make the nausea that comes with Zoloft sometimes worse.
Anyone know if theirs some good or bad or neutral with Zoloft. Again better safe than sorry.

Anecdotally some heady kava's are really helping me snap out of funks sometimes. Possible because of having a case of the gigles(tongans) or just chill (24 wave)

Weird hopefully good thing: with 24 wave for some reason when I get frustrated. I don't snack from being upset or mad.
Weirdly instead i've been drinking apple juice and soothing tea's instead. Wich is really awesome.
So I don't over doit with the Pouni Ono. What else is out their to try? I guess that probably meens heady Kava's in moderation durring the day. I know I ask that a bunch. But It's fun to see if their's something I haven't tried to try new things to see expand my taste and comfort with stuff or find stuff I don't like etc.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
I was on Zoloft once a long time ago before my kava days. That one is a hell of a drug. It eventually made me numb to all feelings. This doesn’t happen to everyone. If you want to experiment, perhaps try half of your usual dose at first? Also this might change as the drug takes awhile to build up and level out in your system.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I was on Zoloft once a long time ago before my kava days. That one is a hell of a drug. It eventually made me numb to all feelings. This doesn’t happen to everyone. If you want to experiment, perhaps try half of your usual dose at first? Also this might change as the drug takes awhile to build up and level out in your system.
^
Oh not only did I get that but I was doing the Montazumas revenge and the Great Wall of China followed my Huns Crushing Defeat and hoping for Cortezes Victory, and soing Oom Maka Laka to La Throne of Loove. And the one and only step up to 100mg made being way to krunked on Isa with rum and cokes look fun in comparison...I do not sugest that. Just say I went their vastly before I knew of these forums and it was on reeeely long and bad month.
My therapist had sugested to try Trazadone, but ONLY when needed. Hillariusly I am (litterally) genetically incompatible with Zoloft.
We might also see if Lexapro or 5-HTP help. Trazadone leaves me feeling as if I had a Bandryl and just blarg for a bit in the morning.
Weirdly for unwinding some Kavas, or Melatonin dont have that issue. And as I was thanking Krunkie for observing some of the Kavas I've been into recently seem to help a bit for being silly and happy-go-lucky, Not to say I just drop the meds. But they might be doing somethings way more than I had thought at first. Laughter is one of the better ways to manage even major depression. I simply don't know why.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
At least you see the humor in the med fail. It sounds like you have a good attitude and that will take you a long way on your path for relief.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
At least you see the humor in the med fail. It sounds like you have a good attitude and that will take you a long way on your path for relief.
Update: Well so far so good
On the Depression management side weirdly or apropiatly so far the traditional moodstablizers and antidepressents we've tried have caused way more issues than they have helped with. We tried trazadone wich only left feeling flat, detached and frightningly a few times left feeling not at all right and messed up my sleep.
Amusingly I seem to be doing just as well without antidepressents as with them, for now anyway.
One small part that Kava might be helping with is since I enjoy ones that help me have a case of the giggles it's possible that in of it self is healing.

I just can't wrap my head around how I now: health and weather provided are hitting up the gym at least 3 days a week, doing a zumba 2 times(in class) and at home do it another 3 times. And in the last several months have dropped and kept off weight. It's a process. ^_^ I sill have lame nervous snacking habbits. It's just amazing after hitting the end of multiple ropes :
Gone through 2 pairs of sneakers (between excersize and going out with a fantastic woman)
Dropped a ton of weight
Making improvements to how I live and my deit

Status
Not open for further replies.