What's new

Changes in intraocular pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Has anyone noticed with feeling the effects of kava focal range changes? I notice a "blurry text" effect a little bit similar to another psychoactive that begins with M and is legal in Colorado. I know that stuff changes intraocular pressure, so I'm wondering if maybe kava does too.

I believe anticholinergics are given to glaucoma patients, and I *believe* that kava has anticholinergic effects, so I wonder if the two are related somehow.

It manifests in me as a difficulty getting sharp focus within normal reading range, and blurrier text just outside normal reading range that is unfocusable.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Can't say I've noticed that, but kava certainly increases sensitivity to light and can cause dry eyes. So maybe it's a result of one or both of those.

Kava_Bob_40

Kava Curious
I have had this happen a few times, even when I first started with kava. Like a hair of a focal shift with fuzziness. Lasted for a brief time then went away.

kongkava

Kava Curious
I've been drinking a lot of kava lately and it's hard to focus on something 10ft away. While on kava, my vision is a low f stop, and I get weed eyes, but that goes away when the kava does.

I'll quit for a week and see what happens.

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
I read somewhere it has to do with a paralytic effect on the muscles that control focusing the eyes. I'm not aware of kava being an anticholinergic. I think it's probably more similar to the double vision effect from alcohol.

Johnny Frye

It's all about supply and command
I definitely notice an increase in intraocular pressure, depending on the strain. I used to use an incredible amount of that "other" plant legal in colorado and it's definitely a similar, if somewhat less pronounced, effect.

Quite enjoyable if you ask me!

kongkava

Kava Curious
Yeah, it's a similar effect. Most likely due to one or more kavalactones affecting a cannabinoid receptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.